[ONLINE] Version 2.2.3

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

[ONLINE] Version 2.2.3

Post by AlCan »

Hello All,

V2.2.3 is out. It adds compatibility with Android 4.1.1.

Version 2.2.2 is also released. I'm not sure whether 2. and .3 came together or separately.

V2.2.2 adds many (7) new features. If I get time, I'll list them here.

Includes various unlisted bug fixes.

DWP is just continuing to get better and better!

Well done guys, keep it up!
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
AlCan

Re: [ONLINE] Version 2.2.3

Post by AlCan »

Here's the list:
1. Add desktop widgets - display contacts in the contact group
2. Move "Incoming call view settings" to "Detailed view settings", "Display when dialing" options at the same time add exhaled
3. "Contact details" view supports theme settings
4. Add call record count in the "Contact details" view
5. Add the Merge and Split options to the "Contact details" view
6. Add Icelandic to T9 search
7. Add automatic group "Starred" and "Frequently contacted"

Multiple bug fixes
But I'm quite not sure what was intended in item [2] by "add exhaled". Obviously, that's a typo, but I don't know what the correct word should be.

Item [4] looks very handy. Just go to the DWC Contact Details view screen (tap on the contact, select Detail view if it appears). When the Detail view appears, either:
  • Tap the Left-Right arrow icon at the bottom, or
    Slide to the Left
to display the call history for that Contact, including the Total Number of calls and Total Call Time in the list Header. Nice feature!

However, I haven't yet found the Control to turn the DWP Contact Viewer On and Off in response to "Tap a Contact". When it installs, you are able to choose which action to take, but once you set that, not sure where to change it.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi AlCan
Sorry, my bad English.
add exhaled
Said that this option is added
DWC -> Settings -> Detail view settings -> Incoming call view -> Display when dialing
However, I haven't yet found the Control to turn the DWP Contact Viewer On and Off in response to "Tap a Contact". When it installs, you are able to choose which action to take, but once you set that, not sure where to change it.
Please refer to this
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2616
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi Dwp,

Thanks for your reply. I looked at the other post, but it's not quite clear. Anyway, I figured it out, so here is a bit more explanation for DWP Lovers.

Before you install DWC / DWP (or any other replacement Contact Manager / Phone Dialler), your phone will use the Stock Dialler and Contacts Viewer.

However, when you install a replacement app, it causes Dialog Boxes to pop up when you perform actions that have two (or more) possible applications available to perform the task.

As DWP now includes its own Contact Viewer, this happens when you first tap on a Contact to view the contact details. The dialog box allows you to choose either the Stock viewer or the DWP Viewer to view the contact, and it also allows you to set either choice as the Default, by selecting the tick-box that appears at the bottom of the Choose App dialog box. But once you make a default choice, the Dialog Box no longer appears, you don't get the choice any more. You will always only get the Default choice in future.

Sometimes, you may want to use the Stock Viewer again. This is possible without having to uninstall anything, but the setting is not in the DWP Settings menu. It's actually an Android System Setting.

Thus, to reset the Default choices, go to your Android Menu, choose "Settings".

Tap "Applications" | "Manage Applications". Select the "Downloaded" tab (if it isn't already). Scroll to "DW Contacts & Phone" and Tap it.

You should get the "Application info" screen.

Scroll down to "Launch by Default", tap the "Clear Defaults" button.

Now, All your DWP defaults will have been cleared. You will have to reselect any you want to make "Permanent", but now you should get the choice to use the Stock or the DWP contact viewer. You might want to leave the Dialog Box active, so you always get the choice. If you find that annoying, set the Default to your stock viewer. You can always Long Tap a contact in DWP and choose View Contact to use the DWP contact viewer - though it's a slower path.

I haven't found a way to set it the other way round though, so the DW Contact Viewer is the default but you can still use the Stock one when you want. If anyone knows how to do this, please tell us!

Cheers,
A
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi A,
I understand your needs. I will think about whether there is a good way to achieve it.