sharing contact

Moderators: dwp, devin

msparks

sharing contact

Post by msparks »

In the past when I would share a contact with someone, It would give me an option to choose which information that I share in the vcard. This seems to be gone now. I really liked this, as I keep notes on people as well as other personal information that I don't want to share with others.
AlCan

Re: sharing contact

Post by AlCan »

Hi Dwp,

On that same question...

On my phone provider's network, sending Contact Data using attached vCards is extremely slow. Sometimes it takes hours for messages to arrive. Obviously, they get very low priority.

Would it also be possible to provide an option to send the (selected) Contact Data by plain text as part of a normal SMS message? (My Nokia does it that way.)

This way, private, unnecessary or confidential information could be deleted before sending, and in my case, it would get there much faster!

Regards,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Re: sharing contact

Post by dwp »

Hello
If you are using Vcard share contacts. There is no way to select those fields need to share. Because now it is using the system API. DWC is just to provide a contact URI to the system.
When using the Text share contacts can add a select field dialog box in the future.
Now you can share contacts via text. This can delete unwanted data before sending

Press and hold the desired contact in the contact list. The pop-up menu, select the "share contact"; then select "Text".

In the development version, I've added text shared in the Contact view.