How to get back to an obsolete version

Moderators: dwp, devin

Robbit

How to get back to an obsolete version

Post by Robbit »

Hi there,

sometimes I'm afraid of a new version of DWC&P, as features might be removed or appearance has changed in an unsatisfying way. For example one of the most recent change logs reads "Remove the display call records" - and I fear, that this affects the "Call log" (with "call records" meaning st like "call file", or what else could "call record" mean? Where can I find a "call record" on my old version?)

So I'd like to test the updated version with having the chance of getting back to my beloved previous version. How can I? Does there is a way to do so, at all?

Thanks alot.
-Rob.
AlCan

Re: How to get back to an obsolete version

Post by AlCan »

Hi Robbit,

It used to be...

Not sure now. I think it was Camel who maintained that collection. Not sure where Camel is these days.

See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2488
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi Robbit,
http://dw-p.net/dl/
Here you can download the old version.However, only the free version.
"Remove the display call records"
Replace came before - Clear call records.
Is also a bad translation led to understand the problem. Sorry.
Its function is to:
When you do not have to filter the call records, delete all call records
When you to filter call records by searching or category. Delete the entries that you can see in the list.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hi AlCan, thank you very much for this file collection, but ...

Hello dwp, thak you, too, for this helpful information. Regrettably only the old versions of the free DWC&P are available - I paid for it and want the full DWC&P, of course. :shock: But maybe I don't need an old version at all, if I understand this very special "call record" issue correct: the formerly existing and recently removed function was:

* Clear all calls from the record log which are currently shown. If the record log is set to show all outgoing calls, there is a button to delete all these outgoing calls; if it is set to show all incoming calls, they can be deleted a.s.o...

Is that right? And only this function has gone, the call record is still there?

Thanks & bye
-Rob (Karlsruhe)

P. S.: And still I'm waiting for the contact's list to show all pictures and data instantly, even if it scrolls! ;)
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi Rob
Robbit wrote: * Clear all calls from the record log which are currently shown. If the record log is set to show all outgoing calls, there is a button to delete all these outgoing calls; if it is set to show all incoming calls, they can be deleted a.s.o...
Yes, it deletes all the currently displayed call record.
Robbit wrote: P. S.: And still I'm waiting for the contact's list to show all pictures and data instantly, even if it scrolls! ;)
Contact Picture delay loading, to scroll smoothly.

If you need an older version.I can provide the registration code.So that it can and PRO version has the same function.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hi dwp,

thank you very much for your reply. I must confess, that I still don't know what especially is deletable. But anyway, I've updated it. None of the features I use has gone, so far I'm happy. But the tabs at the screen's bottom ("Register-Karten" in the german version) have been changed: They are much smaller now (height not configurable) and are seperated by a turquoise line with the active tab highlighted only by a slightly thicker section of the line (hard to recognise). Is there a chance to make this configurable?
Contact Picture delay loading, to scroll smoothly.
Yes, I remember your point of view, You told me before 8-) But other apps with contact lists (even my huge list with ca. 500 entries) do scroll very well. I know you have a different opinion, but allow my humble request: is it possible to make a switch in the settings for a contact list with preloaded full-entries? So every user can chose depending on its device's performance?

Cheers
-Rob.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi Rob.
In the theme settings, you can select the old theme DWC restored to its original appearance.
With regard to pre-load the image. Now it has to do so according to the phone's memory size. It does not work in your phone?
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hi dwp,

first issue is fixed pefectly by setting the theme to "Early Black". Now I have also back the "A-Z" button in the top line. Thank you so much!

The second issue, contact pictures only when the scrolling stops, is remaining. Did you change this behaviour with one of the recent updates? Regrettably I don't see any difference on my htc Desire S (Android 2.3.5, fully updated, regular ROM, no root). What can I do?

Best wishes
-Rob.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Maybe you run too many programs related.
The DWC load regular contact contact photos at startup.
When you view a contact if the photos not be loaded in the scrolling stops loading.
If the system reports the memory is not enough. (Other procedures apply to the use of memory). The DWC will automatically release pictures already loaded.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

I don't understand exactly what you mean. Are the always appearing contact pictures and details depending on the device's memory or on an individual setting?
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Sorry for the delay.
Is there this problem in 2.4.0.2?
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hello,

I always use the current version of DW Kontakte & Telefon Pro. The issue is still remaining. Can you do anything on it?

Thanks alot. Bye ...
-R.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
In the latest version 2.5.1.0.
What do you think the problem?
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hello dwp,

I have no idea, what causes the problem. But the contact pictures still appear very late after scrolling.

Bye
-R.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

I'm optimization list scrolling. Hope that the problem can be improved.