I Bleepin' LOVE This App! …&… Cloud Synchronization

Moderators: dwp, devin

thricipio

I Bleepin' LOVE This App! …&… Cloud Synchronization

Post by thricipio »

First, I can't post a message now without beginning by mentioning how much I love this app. I'm not going to go into great detail (at least not right now); I'll mention only that although I've been using it for some time now, I've only recently begun to appreciate how robust the set of features are. What led to this greater understanding is the fact that I've recently migrated to a new phone (HTC 10 — nice phone!) and moving to DWP on the new phone forced me to explore and understand more of what this app can do. I'm sure I still have a lot to learn, but at this point, I'm reasonably confident that anything I can think of that I need it to do, it can do.

The one thing that had me a little stumped was how to synchronize my DWP contacts data with Google Contacts.  An old thread left me with the impression that this type of synchronization capability was something that DWP needed to implement; perhaps back when this was written, that was the case, but now it seems to be automatic — more or less. For what it's worth, here's what I've discovered (assuming that one as already defined one's Google account to DWP):
  1. New contacts created within Google Contacts will be immediately reflected within DWP;
  2. The alteration of existing Google contacts (adding, deleting or changing its attributes –or– deleting the contact altogether) will be immediately reflected in DWP;
  3. New contacts created within DWP will not be propagated within Google Contacts  …however…
  4. The alteration of existing DWP contacts will be reflected in Google Contacts. (Of course, one must refresh the Google Contacts view in order to see the update)
For practical purposes, what this means is you can achieve synchronization by doing the following:
  1. Open your mobile device's web browser and go to contacts.google.com;
  2. Create a new contact within Google Contacts by simply introducing a new (unique) contact name;
  3. Now you can perform all the remaining changes to this contact (including deleting the contact altogether) from within DWP.
Remember, you can verify (at any step along the way) that your DWP updates are getting reflected within Google Contacts by going back to your browser and refreshing your view.

Hope the preceding may be of help to folks . . .

And thanks again to the DWP Developer(s) for providing such a fantastic app.

All the best …
—Thri
devin

Re: I Bleepin' LOVE This App! …&… Cloud Synchronization

Post by devin »

Hello
Contact synchronization is the function provided by the system. You just need to add the google account in the system settings.
You can choose to create a contact in DWC and select the google account you want to use in the contact editor that appears. Enter the required contact field and save it. The synchronization will start automatically.