Why don't all of my contacts show up?

Moderators: dwp, devin

epd1102

Why don't all of my contacts show up?

Post by epd1102 »

I have the paid version of DW Contacts on my HTC EVO 4G. I thought I had figured out why not all of my contacts show up. I found out that some of them were "linked" to other contacts and therefore only the main or original contact would show up. I have un-linked all of the contacts as I have found them. I still have contacts that don't show up even though I can't find them linked with any other contacts at the same organization or anyone by the same name. Can you please tell me what I need to do to find them? Thank You
camel

Re: Why don't all of my contacts show up?

Post by camel »

no, it should also work on free version.
but you must configure it correctly...

1.) your system -> you must define, if you want to see all of them
2.) in DWC you must define, which accounts you want to see
3.) in DWC you can define, if you want to see all contacts or only contacts with phone numbers.

also look to settings, if your system settings are ok ->
-> "Global settings"
-> "Contact display filtering"
there try to select all of them.

also on every tab, you can define, which accounts you want to see
PLS: on tab "search", there should be all contacts visible, because there is no such limitation.
all other tabs can be configured, to show contacts witout any phone number.

please see: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=479

cu camel
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi All,

Ok, I'm having this same problem, and I can't figure out from any of these posts (this one) or this one:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=479
how to fix it. I have gone round and round the Settings, and the Tab settings and can't see a way to solve it - except to Unlink the contacts again.

I have a number of contacts all in the same organisation. Before I linked them (to one of their colleagues - just to try to see how the Linked Contacts feature works), when I selected the Organisation tab, all the contacts showed up. As soon as I link them, they disappear, from the Contacts list, from Searches and from the Organisation list. (Not sure about all the other lists but I think so - haven't seen the missing contacts anywhere - and I'm getting other odd results from the Titles list too.*) They seem to have become completely hidden, even though they weren't hidden before. As soon as I unlink the contact, it all goes back to normal.

The contacts all have phone numbers, though I don't see why that should make any difference simply because I have linked them.

Am I missing something?

Can anyone please tell me how this feature is supposed to work, and what its function (or use) is?

Also, what is the "Relation" tab that appears when you view a contact from the Organisation tab - what is it, how does it work, please?

* The Titles list is now listing more contacts than it says there are - e.g. is says "Engineer (2)" but it lists 3 contacts when I select it.

Can anyone shed any light on these mysteries?

Regards to all,

Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
camel

Post by camel »

AlCan wrote:Hi All,

Ok, I'm having this same problem, and I can't figure out from any of these posts (this one) or this one:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=479
how to fix it. I have gone round and round the Settings, and the Tab settings and can't see a way to solve it - except to Unlink the contacts again.

I have a number of contacts all in the same organisation. Before I linked them (to one of their colleagues - just to try to see how the Linked Contacts feature works), when I selected the Organisation tab, all the contacts showed up. As soon as I link them, they disappear, from the Contacts list, from Searches and from the Organisation list. (Not sure about all the other lists but I think so - haven't seen the missing contacts anywhere - and I'm getting other odd results from the Titles list too.*) They seem to have become completely hidden, even though they weren't hidden before. As soon as I unlink the contact, it all goes back to normal.

The contacts all have phone numbers, though I don't see why that should make any difference simply because I have linked them.

Am I missing something?

Can anyone please tell me how this feature is supposed to work, and what its function (or use) is?

Also, what is the "Relation" tab that appears when you view a contact from the Organisation tab - what is it, how does it work, please?

* The Titles list is now listing more contacts than it says there are - e.g. is says "Engineer (2)" but it lists 3 contacts when I select it.

Can anyone shed any light on these mysteries?

Regards to all,

Al
i don't know what is really in your database, and which contact account type you are having...
anyhow:

there are 2 layers ...
layer 1: see: settings -> account data
there you can select which "contact account data" should be used.

layer2a: see settings -> global settings -> contact display filtering (this is a system wide filter, normally also used by stock contacts app)
there you can select which contacts you want to show.
(there you can hide different groups, too)
(look through if all are activated)

layer2b: on tab "contacts" and on tab "phone" , there you can overrule the layer2a. there is an option for this 2 tabs (extra setting for every tab) -> "show only contacts with phone number"
see: settings -> phone settings -> "only contacts with phone number"
see: settings -> detailed view settings" -> contact view settings" -> "only contacts with phone number"

extras:
also on tab "groups" you can hide special groups in DWC.
see: activate tab "groups" -> click "menu" button -> "sort & hide"

hope this info helps you.

cu camel
bsantelli

Post by bsantelli »

Thank you cu camel - this fixed my issue. I had to add the new groups I added in layer 2a

Brian
camel

Post by camel »

bsantelli wrote:Thank you cu camel - this fixed my issue. I had to add the new groups I added in layer 2a

Brian
fine, that you are satisfied now :)
cu camel