assign the same ring to only 1 group & unknown callers?

Moderators: dwp, devin

nick

assign the same ring to only 1 group & unknown callers?

Post by nick »

Is it possible to assign?...
- the same ring to only 1 of more created contact groups and to unknown callers (those still without an entry in contacts),
- another 1 ring to the remaining groups.

Why do i need that?
- One of my 20 groups is a VIP group and i want to assign it a very loud dirrefent ring; all other callers (still) without an entry in my phone book may be a VIP as well, that's why the same important ring for those (temporarily) unknown ones.
- to the remaining 19 groups i want to assign 1 different ring.
camel

Re: assign the same ring to only 1 group & unknown callers?

Post by camel »

sorry, i do not fully understand your question, but for your understanding (i think, then you know how it works)

ringtone is android system related ! And this info about ringtone can only be stored locally on android device (will not be saved to google or EAS account)
if a contact do not havinga ringtone, then the system will use the default ringtone !

it is not possible to assign a ringtone to a group. this is not supported by android OS !

############################
so,how does ringtone handling works in DWC ?

in DWC,we only do folling:

if you select 1 or multiple contacts -> then long click on selection, then select "set ringtone for contacts", then we proceed to set all of this selected items the new ringtone.

if you select now a group or titles or organization, and then do the long click -> "set ringtone for group(org or title)" .... -> then we only do in this function:
1.) generate a list of all contacts which are assign to this group or organization or titles and then set to allof this contacts the new ringtone.

as you can see,we only making it easier foryou tos etthe ringtones to multiple contacts in 1 way ...

summary: (this is android system limited)
=========
ringtone can only be set to contact(s).
if there is no contact or if acontactdo not having a ringtone set -> then it will use the default ringtone.

hope this info helps

cu camel
nick

Post by nick »

camel wrote:.....if you select now a group or titles or organization, and then do the long click -> "set ringtone for group(org or title)" .... -> then we only do in this function:
1.) generate a list of all contacts which are assign to this group or organization or titles and then set to allof this contacts the new ringtone.
as you can see,we only making it easier for you to set the ringtones to multiple contacts in 1 way ...

summary: (this is android system limited)
=========
ringtone can only be set to contact(s).
if there is no contact or if acontactdo not having a ringtone set -> then it will use the default ringtone.

hope this info helps....
thanks! sure, it helps a lot :-)

One additional question:
When i set a ring tone to a group X, creat a new contact afterwards and assign it to the group X, this new contact will not automatically get the ring tone of the group X. It will have the default ring tone. Wright?
camel

Post by camel »

nick wrote:One additional question:
When i set a ring tone to a group X, creat a new contact afterwards and assign it to the group X, this new contact will not automatically get the ring tone of the group X. It will have the default ring tone. Wright?
you are right.
but i think, this NEW contact do not having a ring-tone and then after adding to group, you should set the ring-tone for the whole group again. then you can be sure, that it is working.

cu camel