Dial a number from the info/notes field?

Moderators: dwp, devin

nick

Dial a number from the info/notes field?

Post by nick »

It is often a case with organisations that there is an office or a room there with several phones and several employees that do not necessarily have 1 their own specific number but each of them can answer the calls from each phone. It does not matter if the phones are "business", "privete", "main", "mobile"...and so forth. And it does not necessarily matter for you which of the employees you talk to.

For those cases i would like to put the phone numbers not into the fields called "business phone", "private phone" ...., but to put them all into the general field "notes/info" and be able to dial from this field. Would that be possible in some way?

(In the android app "calender" you can for example dial numbers from the general field "notes".)
camel

Re: Dial a number from the info/notes field?

Post by camel »

nick wrote:It is often a case with organisations that there is an office or a room there with several phones and several employees that do not necessarily have 1 their own specific number but each of them can answer the calls from each phone. It does not matter if the phones are "business", "privete", "main", "mobile"...and so forth. And it does not necessarily matter for you which of the employees you talk to.

For those cases i would like to put the phone numbers not into the fields called "business phone", "private phone" ...., but to put them all into the general field "notes/info" and be able to dial from this field. Would that be possible in some way?

(In the android app "calender" you can for example dial numbers from the general field "notes".)
no, this is not possible and would not make sense, because therefore are defined mobile phone number fields, and there are a lot !
if your contact editor does not support them, please try "Contact Editor Pro"
cu camel
nick

Post by nick »

Thanks for your answer! I forgot to mention in my original posting that i normally never edit contacts on the phone, but always do it using OUTLOOK in syncing contact to the phone afterwards. And therefore fields that cannot be synchronised with outlook do not make any sense for me :-)

I think this is the case with the most business users of android: the most of them are normally only interested in fields that can be used/synced with their desktop computeres. That's why my request about making the "notes" field a sort of additional repository for numbers that do not fit well into any of the available fields.
camel

Post by camel »

nick wrote:Thanks for your answer! I forgot to mention in my original posting that i normally never edit contacts on the phone, but always do it using OUTLOOK in syncing contact to the phone afterwards. And therefore fields that cannot be synchronised with outlook do not make any sense for me :-)

I think this is the case with the most business users of android: the most of them are normally only interested in fields that can be used/synced with their desktop computeres. That's why my request about making the "notes" field a sort of additional repository for numbers that do not fit well into any of the available fields.
well, then it is aproblem of sync engine or outlook or android. and it makes no sense to add such kind in DWC.
also google or EAS does support so many phone fields - i mean, maybe you should think about a real solution.
via eas account it will sync automatically - but maybe you can contact sync application developer for it

cu camel