Is sending Private Messages possible?

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Is sending Private Messages possible?

Post by AlCan »

Hi Camel,

I have tried to send you a PM, but the message is stuck in the Outbox. I guess that means I can't.

I would like to ask you if I can revert to V2.0.9.1, please.

Regards,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
camel

Re: Is sending Private Messages possible?

Post by camel »

AlCan wrote:Hi Camel,

I have tried to send you a PM, but the message is stuck in the Outbox. I guess that means I can't.

I would like to ask you if I can revert to V2.0.9.1, please.

Regards,
Al
here is a trick ;-)

http://www.dw-p.net/dl/

let me know if 2.0.9 is working better for you.
but i'm 99% sure, your ROM is corrupted ort your factory reset wasn't fully done.
cu camel
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

camel wrote: here is a trick ;-)
Great, thanks. Have downloaded but not yet installed, pending your answer to my next question!

Anyway, another weird event with my phone just now. DWC was idle, I wasn't using it, but it was loaded and (I think) still running. I turned Wi-Fi on and tried to check e-mail. Phone "locked up" - got a CPU 100% notification and managed to get Task Manager to start but not report for quite a while. So, I waited a few minutes and tried again. Then, it said DWC 96% CPU. But after a while, the phone recovered and DWC went back to 0% CPU.

I don't understand why that happened, but never mind.
camel wrote:
but i'm 99% sure, your ROM is corrupted ort your factory reset wasn't fully done.
cu camel
Ok, You have my full attention!! :D

There could be something to that. I have a MotoBlur account enabled. It backs up some information from the phone (but I don't know exactly what - and Motorola told me there is no way to even see if it has anything backed up. But I'm sure it did.)

I was using MotoBlur as well because of issues with Google's phone sync, which doesn't back up anything else - apart from Google account data, and some of my contacts were not yet changed over to Google...

But yes, it could be that it (MotoBlur) restored something that was bad, hence my problems.

Or, it could be that my phone ROM is corrupted, or it just has a hardware fault.

So, here's the question. I currently have an identical Motorola Defy that I could change to. (It's a spare work phone as we are one staff member down at present.)

If I swapped over (Factory Reset and switched my SIM) to that phone, could I still install my paid Android apps (esp. DWC!) onto that phone??

If so, that might be the best thing to do, as it would eliminate a lot of possibilities.

Please advise ;)

Cheers,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
camel

Post by camel »

well, the license (if you paid with paypal, can be transfered, and will not cost extra.
there fore you must mail us - support email is in settings
you should send us:
1.) confirmatiion email
2.) new device serial number
we will then lock old phone, and register new phone.

for your broken device. mostly it is a broken ROM.
please try a real factory reset, sorry, i don't know, what happen with your google sync engine.

or you can try to use another account (,maybe something corrupted with the googel account)
also you can try to clean the application (in application manager) to clean the google account.
but mostly to remove the google account a REAL wipe / factory reset is needed

good luck
cu camel