Search in GAL

Moderators: dwp, devin

Soni

Search in GAL

Post by Soni »

Hi,

great app, it works all fine for me, yet I'm close to pay for the Pro version, but there's one littel thing I'm missing or maybe I failed to understand the searching concept ... (?)

I'm using an ActiveSync account on an Exchange Server. I can search all I need on the "local" contact list (the one stored on my SGS2, ICS), but I can't search in the GAL (global adress list) of my exchange account. It does work on the stock dialer though.

Is that a missing function on your App (maybe it comes with the Pro version), or do I need to change anything else?
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Search in GAL

Post by dwp »

Hello
DWC contact list you can see those contacts?
Whether the DWC setup, select the account show?
Soni

Post by Soni »

Basically no.

the Global Adress Book is located on the Exchange Server, there is no local copy stored in the contact list on the phone. Search in GAL is part of the EAS protocol. It works great on the ICS stock email client. I'd assume it as part of the basic features.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
DWC can only read data savings in the Android contacts database.
camel

Post by camel »

Soni wrote:Basically no.

the Global Adress Book is located on the Exchange Server, there is no local copy stored in the contact list on the phone. Search in GAL is part of the EAS protocol. It works great on the ICS stock email client. I'd assume it as part of the basic features.
"GAL", this is a special function cmd, which will be sent to EAS server. This is only possible from email application.
and this is not valid from ICS dialer, because ICS dialer or any other dialer does not have access to the email.apk application, which is restricted by the email.apk.

Cu Camel
Soni

Post by Soni »

camel wrote: "GAL", this is a special function cmd, which will be sent to EAS server.
Yes, I know
camel wrote: This is only possible from email application.
No
camel wrote: because ICS dialer or any other dialer does not have access to the email.apk application, which is restricted by the email.apk.
not quite

I have currently a set-up where I have an EAS account defined in the native email app and can search contacts in the GAL on the exchange server through the native dialer