swipe of contact entries in list

Moderators: dwp, devin

craigb

swipe of contact entries in list

Post by craigb »

In the new version of dw Contacts and Phone (2.5.10), the behaviour of a finger swipe over an entry of a contact list has been changed. The former behaviour was to cycle round the numbers available for that contact and the 'dial' button was used to dial the number selected; now a swipe initiates a call or a text to the number.

Is there any way to revert to the previous behaviour? I have scanned the options and can only find options relating to actions relating to clicking the list entry and not the swipe gesture. If there is no such option, would it please be possible to add one as I find the new behaviour far less useful than the old.
dwp
Site Admin

Re: swipe of contact entries in list

Post by dwp »

Hello
Thank you for your feedback. I would consider adding a new option.

In 2.5.1.0 you can switch the phone number.
First, the left or the right sliding.
Held down
You can then slide up or down to switch phone numbers.

Release your finger start dialing.
Albator V

Post by Albator V »

Excellent, many thanks for this...
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android JB 4.4
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

You're welcome! Do you like the new way of working it?
Albator V

Post by Albator V »

yes but need to be improve when "disable sliding switch tabs" is disable.
Samsung Galaxy S5
Android JB 4.4
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hello everybody,

I would like to have back the old behaviour, too! I was about to start a new forum topic regarding this, when I found this one.

The new swipe behaviour is good as an ADDITION for those users, who feel fine with it. But some other users eagerly want to use it the conventional way. The reason is, that the phone numbers are selectable also for reading only, without instantly calling the contact. In hectic situations (e. g. while walking in the city) it is not comfortable having to swipe very accurate in order to make a call.

DW Kontakte & Telefon Pro is generally very customizable and configurable, so why don't you let the user decide, which way his app should act like?

Thank you for considering the former behaviour as optional.
-Robbit.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Thank you for your suggestion, I think I will improve it to make it easier to use, while adding an option to use the old behavior.
craigb

Post by craigb »

Hello Again,

Thanks for considering adding the option of the old behaviour. I have now had a proper attempt to use the swipe to the side and down to select a number and to be honest I find it is close to impossible to do this accurately using only one hand to hold the phone and perform the swipe. To be fair using two hands on a larger screen phone may make this operation a lot easier. Also as Robbit says it is often useful just to look at the numbers for a given contact without actually calling them.
mario75

Post by mario75 »

Hello,
Another suggestion will be to ad the option of choosing between the two calling styles, depending of what tab I'm viewing.
For example in history and phone view I want to use the sliding call style, while I will always call the number which called me. But in the contact list I would like to use the old calling style.
Nice way you made it working though. I like very much the way of sliding to call or to send sms and still be able to choose between numbers.
Keep it up!
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Thanks everyone.
I will improve it.
mario75

Post by mario75 »

Thank you very much for your prompt answer to our requests. I think this mod suits everyone. Keep up the good work!
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
You're welcome!
If possible, please recommend to your friends or write a good evaluation in Google Play.
Thank you!
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Thank you, indeed. Now everyone gets what he want. Like mario75 said: Keep up the very good work!

Bye 8-)
-Robbit
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
This option has been added in the new version. :)