EVOMAN

Backing up DW Contact Pro on EVO

Post by EVOMAN »

How do I do this to the SD card?
Thanks
camel

Re: Backing up DW Contact Pro on EVO

Post by camel »

EVOMAN wrote:How do I do this to the SD card?
Thanks
hi, you can make a backup fo your settings via:
go to settings -> backup & Restore -> backup all settings ...
then it will be shown the default path + name of backup file, there you must only accept it.
if you want to use another backup path or name -you can change it.

hope this is clear.

cu camel
EVOMAN

Post by EVOMAN »

This in NOT clear. There is no "backup/restore" for contacts in this program. DW Contacts & Phone Pro / Version 2.0.0.0-pro
camel

Post by camel »

EVOMAN wrote:This in NOT clear. There is no "backup/restore" for contacts in this program. DW Contacts & Phone Pro / Version 2.0.0.0-pro
Hi EvoMan,
Now the actual version is 2.0.4 - please update it on market.
Backup & Restore is for DWC settings !
Of course - it is planned to make a (backup/restore) "import/export of contact & history items function", where the user can export and import contacts & history items, but it will be availible (hopefully) ~next 4 weeks.
br camel
EVOMAN

Post by EVOMAN »

Thanks! Contact backup of extreme importance.
camel

Post by camel »

EVOMAN wrote:Thanks! Contact backup of extreme importance.
well, i'm sure, there are many apps for backup & restore of contacts (titanium backup)

but, this export & import is on our list, and will be implemented on release 2.1 which is planned ~ in 6-8 weeks
but the import/export i want also for call logs and sms/mms (if possible), because there a lot of business users, wich aare wanting to send the call log for support reports, to show the customers, how long they got telephone support and maybe use this for biling the support hotline :)
(therefore also a lot of summary reports are planned, to see the summary of a contact/groups/organization) (+ single and multi-select of all types)

well, for now we are working on the changes and bugfixes, which i posted on general -> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=362
and hopefuly we can publish the new pre-release 2.0.5 in next 1-2 weeks

the problem on planing is, that sometimes a bug cost 2 minutes or 2 weeks -so it is not easy to calc - please understand why it is hard to calculate whne we are ready ...
and we don'Twant to implement new 20 functions and forgetting the bugs or optimization. and all the time - keep speed of application fast ...
because: who wants to drive a car, which have all possible features, but can only drive 10 miles per hour :)

cu camel
PatrickB

Post by PatrickB »

Is this feature available now? I cannot find it.

Thank you,
-- Patrick B.
1radiohead

Post by 1radiohead »

I try to export my contacts and settings to card but it only exports to the phone's internal memory. I see no way to manually do this. I have spent some time going through the app to try to make a way to do this.

I use this for business & have a lot of customers. Some day when I get a new phone I will lose this data.

Moto Z2

Thanks
devin

Post by devin »

Hello, you can copy them using the file manager.
1radiohead

Post by 1radiohead »

Maybe but I can plug my phone into my PC & copy & paste too. I

t would be nice to have an automatic backup that backs up to a card in case my phone gets broken. I have a lot of contacts for business. I like the app a lot but this is one flaw, or maybe it is just my phone that it wont do this on. I have tried everything.
devin

Post by devin »

Yes, you should be able to access it through the computer, I will try to add a custom backup location.
Ana123

Post by Ana123 »

As 1radiohead mentioned earlier, it would be great, to have automatic backup that backs up to a card instead of to the phone itself. Is this still not possible?
Falkor365

Post by Falkor365 »

I am unable to backup to the external SD Card. DW will happily read a bacup that was saved to internal memory and moved to the SD Card, but will not create a backup on the SD card. Is this a rights issue? I have checked the rights and it looks like they have been assigned correctly.

I would like the ability to:

🅐 Create automatic backups (through settings) saved to the sd card instead of internal memory.

🅑 Specify the number of backups to keep (ie backup daily, keep the last 7)

🅒 Automatically backup the database upon the application loosing focus (closed, minimized) after adding a new contact, adding groups/sub groups, etc.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
The new version now supports selecting the backup path.