Groups not hiding like they should

Moderators: dwp, devin

UnknownPerson

Groups not hiding like they should

Post by UnknownPerson »

So #1, I received the update for 2.5.6.0 and I also got a new phone. For some reason, after importing my old settings, my contact groups won't hide using the "Sort & Hide" screen. I unselect some and they are still there on the main group list. When I hold on one that is supposed to be hidden, and do edit, the edit screen has the box check for "hide" so why is it still showing?!
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Groups not hiding like they should

Post by dwp »

Hello
Sorry Here's a bug I'll fix it in the next version.
UnknownPerson

Post by UnknownPerson »

I'm considering lowering my star rating since this is a (BIG) known bug and has been for some time now. Half my contacts are in groups that can't be shown and meanwhile most of the groups that won't hide are all empty! I need my contacts and where's the next update?!

This is the ONLY app I've ever bought and I only bought it because of how well it worked! It's a piece of junk with this bug!
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Sorry, to avoid dislocation, we have done more testing. We will do today released update.
UnknownPerson

Post by UnknownPerson »

I got the update today and I think it's fixed.

I think part of my problem I just noticed was that I had a group called "Friends / Others" and it keeps force combining it into "Friends" as the parent group and it makes it into a sub group called "Others". I tried renaming it to "Friends & Others" and again it changed it. I ended up naming it "Friends&Others" which finally it left alone. I think the Merge Groups being turned off should prevent this from happening... That or you need another option that allows groups to automatically combine like this...
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
When a group name contains "/", will be treated as sub-groups. This can not be closed now.

Business
Busines/Customer
Business/Customer/VIP
Business/Supplier
UnknownPerson

Post by UnknownPerson »

Can we move this to a feature request? I'd like the option to use / without using sub groups somehow. Either way, thanks a ton for the help. I love this app!
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you like it. This is related to many places modifications. Proposed changes to the group name to avoid using the '/' and '.'