Sim Contacts.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Sim Contacts.

Post by pollensa1946 »

Just installed DW Contacts and it's great!
I have a problem with contacts that I hope can be cleared up. Got a new Moto G phone, stock Android KitKat, and plugged in my old sim which had all my contacts on it. Imported those contacts into the phone storage and have subsequently heavily edited them. Now I have a problem when I bluetooth my phonebook to another device (my vehicle in this case). What I get on the 2nd device is a composite of the new contacts in the phone and the old contacts in the sim, so for example I have two copies of the same person (since the names are slightly different, for example forename/surname vs only forename), one with old outdated info alongside the one with new updated info.
Using the toolbox in DW I can view the old contacts on the sim (the only tool I have found to do this, great) but cannot do anything with those old contacts. In short, I would like to delete all the old contacts on the sim. Can this be done in DW, or in stock Android?
devin

Re: Sim Contacts.

Post by devin »

Hello
Because Android is not public SIM card contact management API. DWC SIM contact management features provided by instability. If you could recommend to use the system to provide a contact management software.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Thanks. I found this...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r&hl=en-GB
...which solved the problem of deleting SIM card contacts.
The function in that app would make a nice addition to DW.
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you! I will try.