Location Numbers.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Location Numbers.

Post by pollensa1946 »

How are the Location numbers determined? Against a particular location I see one contact, but I have three and all with completely identical addresses.
devin

Re: Location Numbers.

Post by devin »

Hello, Sorry for my bad English. Can you change a way to explain?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Sorry my mistake with Locations, I meant Addresses... Toolbox/Address ...shows the number 1 in the number of contacts for a particular address (city) but I have three contacts in that city all with identical addresses. Other cities where contacts have identical addresses are correct. So I wonder how the number of contacts in a particular address is determined.
devin

Post by devin »

Perhaps because of some contact's address, there is no stored separately to each address field.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Each of the three addressees has exactly the same address in every respect...
Am Alten Nordhauser Bahnhof 6 99085 Erfurt Germany

Only one address shows under Addresses in Erfurt. Also under Addresses I see a total of 54 contacts (adding the numbers which are in (n)), whereas I have 86 contacts with addresses in their details. So there are more addresses (cities) with the numbers wrong. The algorithm for determining what numbers are in addresses must be wrong.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
To make it work, each field must be stored separately.
See here
http://developer.android.com/reference/ ... ostal.html

Editor phone offers do not provide editing capabilities. If the contact sync from google account. You can edit them in Gmail.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Ok, I changed it to...
Am Alten Nordhauser Bahnhof 6,
Erfurt,
Germany
...and that fixed it. Thanks.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

After some difficulty I managed to edit all 86 of my contact addresses so that they appear correctly in the toolbox/address listing. For the future it would be a good addition to DW that if an address cannot be resolved properly then that contact is put into a category <Unknown> on the address listing. The user could then work through these to correct them. At the moment if the total in the listing does not match the total addresses in contacts then you have to look at every address to figure out who is missing.
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you for your suggestion, and I try to add.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
Note that the beta version will not overwrite the original DWC contacts. You need to start it from another icon in the All Programs list.
Thank you!
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Sorry for the delay I have been away from home. That beta shows the <Unknowns> successfully. However, I see one problem. I have two Google accounts on my phone (it's sync'd with my PC Chrome Contacts and also with my wife's contacts), despite specifying in Global Settings that only contacts from a/c A should be shown the Address function scans both a/c's A & B and thus while account A is properly formatted the info on a/c B shows up as <Unknown>. You can see this when you go into Edit Contact and both a/c's are shown, one correctly formatted, the other not.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Thank you for your tests. I will consider whether there is a solution.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Thanks. DWP has proved completely indispensable in helping me to clean up and organise my contact info. Keep up the good work.
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome!