Cannot find the setting for this

Moderators: dwp, devin

KenL

Cannot find the setting for this

Post by KenL »

I've been using DW Dialer for a while now and think it's great. With that greatness, however, I've found it to be a little overwhelming with all the settings, which is why I'm having trouble finding something that happened recently.

First, let me say that I *think* this is a setting in the app because I was selecting a contact from the call log when a pop-up displayed for the first time. It made no reference to any other app, so I'm making an educated guess that what I'm looking for is in the app.

Now onto my question.

As I stated above, I was in the dial pad/call log screen. Like I normally do, I clicked the icon to the right of the contact to initiate a call. The pop-up that displayed said it was noting I had some sort of filter selected and if I wanted to be shown the choices of phone numbers the next time I click that icon.

I mistakenly selected "yes". Now that I did, I regret it because it's now getting in the way. (it's a nice feature to have, btw, just not something that I want to partake in).

So I looked everywhere for this setting in the app and even in my phone's settings, but not finding it. Does anyone know what it is I'm looking for?

Thanks for your help.
devin

Re: Cannot find the setting for this

Post by devin »

Hello
Are you referring to select the number before dialing it?
Sorry do not have this option. You need to restore the DWC to the default settings.
This feature is blind, only when you turn on the phone some accessibility features will work.
KenL

Post by KenL »

Thanks for responding, Devin.

Yes, it's asking me to choose the number from within the dial pad screen ("Select a number to call", and then the numbers for the contact I selected in the call log.

But I'm confused by your suggestion. If this isn't DW Dialer doing this, then why would resetting it to defaults help?
KenL

Post by KenL »

Odd. I posted a reply a few days ago and it's still not showing. Is it still in moderation?

Here's what I recall responding with:

If you're saying that DW Dialer does not have this option, then why would resetting it help? I'd like to avoid reconfiguring the app if possible, but if it will get rid of the pop-up, I don't mind. I just need to make sure I"m understanding what you're suggesting.

Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I mean you can not have an option to turn it off in the settings. But it is DWC function.
It just prompts you to open. But once opened can not be closed.