Addition to dial menu.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Addition to dial menu.

Post by pollensa1946 »

By reading another post...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3636
...I discovered the "long press on the dial icon" feature. On my phone this brings up 4 options...
(1) Video Call
(2) DW Automatic Recall
(3) Stock dialer over internet
(4) Stock dialer over network
I then discovered that "long press on number" within Contact Details brings up an option "Call using...", which then brings up the same menu above.
Judging by appearance this menu might be a stock Android menu?

I'm interested in a fifth possibility. I have on my phone BT SmartTalk...
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... y&hl=en-GB
...which allows UK BT customers to dial over internet. That BT app uses its own built-in Contacts presentation which is hugely inferior to the DW model. It would be useful if the BT app was presented as an option in the above menu. In that way I could use DW for all my calls. I suspect that the BT app needs to set some system parameter to allow it to appear in this menu? Can you help me understand what that is so I can take it up with the BT developer?
devin

Re: Addition to dial menu.

Post by devin »

Hello pollensa1946
I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
Note that the beta version will not overwrite the original DWC contacts. You need to start it from another icon in the All Programs list.
Thank you!
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Thanks. I tried out the beta...

(1) The BT SmartTalk app now appears on the menu list which pops up on "long press on phone symbol". Selecting the SmartTalk option causes SmartTalk to pop up for just a moment and then close. Do you think this is a problem with the SmartTalk API? If so I will suggest to the SmartTalk developer that he should fix this.

(2) I notice in the beta that the lite version has a different result from the pro version when you "long press on number within Contact Details". The "Call using..." option is not provided.
devin

Post by devin »

(1) The BT SmartTalk app now appears on the menu list which pops up on "long press on phone symbol". Selecting the SmartTalk option causes SmartTalk to pop up for just a moment and then close. Do you think this is a problem with the SmartTalk API? If so I will suggest to the SmartTalk developer that he should fix this.

Code: Select all

Uri numberUri = Uri.fromParts("tel", number, null);
Intent intent = new Intent("com.bt.voiceapps.core.INCALL", numberUri);
intent.setFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK
                | Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_EXCLUDE_FROM_RECENTS);
This is the code I am using now.
I just checked, and I think I had a mistake. BT SmartTalk does not provide a suitable API.
(2) I notice in the beta that the lite version has a different result from the pro version when you "long press on number within Contact Details". The "Call using..." option is not provided.
Need Pro ver
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

I have found a solution for this. There is a setting in SmartTalk that when set ON causes all UK landline number calls to be diverted to SmartTalk automatically and transparent to the calling app such as DW. It works good with no action required of DW, so no work for you.
Thanks for your efforts on this.
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome!