Quick-Jump sorting logic

Moderators: dwp, devin

Grass

Quick-Jump sorting logic

Post by Grass »

Hello dear friends
I`d like to ask a question about "Quick-Jump" sorting logic. As you can see, I am using English and Hebrew languages in Contacts fields. The Organization field is always in English. Contacts list show First name + Last name+Organization(Green background)+Title(Red background)+Group(Blue background).
Tapping on "A-Z" Icon in Contacts view pops up "Qiuck-Jump" screen:
As you can see there are 2 asterix signs on top and at the end of the alfabet.
Tap on first * brings the filtered list of contacts:
Tap on last * brings another filtered list of contacts.
Image .

Because of all the contacts in both filtered lists has empty "First name" field DW displays Organization instead of First name in Contacts list.
Tapping on any other letter in "Quick-Jump" screen brings first contact with "First name" starts with specific letter and it`s Ok.

The question is :what is the difference between those two *? What sorting logic does it use?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
devin

Re: Quick-Jump sorting logic

Post by devin »

Hello Grass
Because of Android contacts database structure.
We use multiple queries synthesis results.
The first "*": If a contact contains Given name, but did not provide Family name. Same time sorted by Family name.
The second "*": If a contact does not provide a name. For example, only enter the company.
Grass

Post by Grass »

devin wrote:Hello Grass
Because of Android contacts database structure.
We use multiple queries synthesis results.
The first "*": If a contact contains Given name, but did not provide Family name. Same time sorted by Family name...
Hello dewin.
Thank You for replay.
But I made double check for those contacts and all (Pref, First name, middle..,last.', suffix) fields were empty(I can to attach the screenshots). Only "Organization" and "Title" fields contained data.
In Android stock People application sorting works fine.
My phone is Nexus5 os 4.4.3
Thanks in advance.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
If you select the default sort order and default contact name. It will work and "stock Contacts" identical.
Grass

Post by Grass »

devin wrote:Hello
If you select the default sort order and default contact name. It will work and "stock Contacts" identical.
Hello, devin.
In Contacts list I only selected sort order "default-alternate" and it seems it fixed a my problem.

Thanks a lot !
Best regards
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome!