No Call History

Moderators: dwp, devin

nick

No Call History

Post by nick »

Galaxy S4, CyanogenMod/Android 4.4.4

My call history is empty. Why DW does not show any calls in history on my phone?

The Android call log is there on the phone, i can sync it to my PC using the Sync-Software "MyPhoneExplorer".
devin

Re: No Call History

Post by devin »

Do you have upgraded to 2.6.9.0?
nick

Post by nick »

Yes, i have the newest ver 2.6.9
devin

Post by devin »

Please try uninstall then reinstall.
nick

Post by nick »

Yes, after re-instal it seems to work again...thanks!
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome!
valiant8086

Post by valiant8086 »

I found this while searching for a solution to the same problem on my 2013 Moto x AT&T running 4.4.4. I uninstalled it and re-installed the latest version from play store. It worked, so I restored a backup of all settings that I had made before uninstalling the broken one, and it still worked with all my settings. I made one call by swiping right to dial on an entry in the now working call log.

After call ended, I got a window asking what I wanted to do this action with, no idea why I'd get that after ending a call, but I chose DW. I then tapped the history tab, and my call history is again blank.

Help? Is that cause I restored settings from the broken one? I'd have an easy time believing that if it wasn't working correctly right after I restored, but it was until I made one call with it.

I had another third party dialer installed recently, and uninstalled it because I prefer DW, and it was always able to show my call log.

Btw, I really do actually have items in my call log on the stock phone app, lol.

I've got everything set to 0 like calls expire after 0 days, limit call history to 0 items etc, it claims this is how you get it to be unlimited which is what I want.

Oh one more thing, I have the phone set to show call log on phone, which I guess means when I use the dialer app and it opens to the dialer "phone" tab with the keypad, above the edit box should be shown my call log right? It is not there. So provided I understand correctly, I can't get it to work in either the phone tab or the history tab.
devin

Post by devin »

valiant8086 wrote: Oh one more thing, I have the phone set to show call log on phone, which I guess means when I use the dialer app and it opens to the dialer "phone" tab with the keypad, above the edit box should be shown my call log right? It is not there. So provided I understand correctly, I can't get it to work in either the phone tab or the history tab.
When you search the Phone TAB, it just search for the latest 500 records to optimize the speed.

Can you make a backup of all the data (at fault), to send the backup to me. I use it to check where the failure occurred.
valiant8086

Post by valiant8086 »

Do you want me to send you my "all settings" backup? That's not exactly how you worded, I'm making sure I understand.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
In Settings - Backup and Recovery - Back up all data.
But which will contain your personal sexual interest. Including call logging and call notes.