Merge Contacts

Moderators: dwp, devin

salty3dog

Merge Contacts

Post by salty3dog »

Preview: Re: Join contacts
Hello,
I am a new user of DW - via Amazon. Considering the Pro version,
Having some trouble understanding the documentation - which really amounts to a couple of pages on the Wiki and greping through the forum.
There is no "Read Me First" or "Getting Started" or even a real FAQ. That makes me hesitate before trying out the Pro Version.
I am new to android but quite experienced with desktop computing and I did a lot of reading in the forum here.

I finally found/figured/understood out the Multiple Select menu, so now my question is about merging contacts.

Is there really a Merge Contact choice or is it a mistranslated "Join"?
Can DW edit and merge contacts or does it work with organizing (linking/joining & grouping etc) the contacts it gets?

In the post on "Re: Join contacts
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3406&p=5758&hilit=merge#p5756

dwp wrote:
Maybe you can try multiple choice mode in DWC. First, select the contacts need to be merged. Then hold down the list to open the long press menu. Select Merge.

Interesting product - I can see a lot of love and work went into it.
devin

Re: Merge Contacts

Post by devin »

Hello
I'm sorry for my bad English.
By DWC merge contacts, just to establish a link between them.
So they look like a contact. This does not modify the contact itself.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

salty3dog wrote:... That makes me hesitate before trying out the Pro Version...
Don't hesitate. It's by far the best Contact Manager on Android and the support from Devin is the best.
salty3dog

Post by salty3dog »

Thank you for the feedback. I need to do extensive editing of my contacts (multiple sources, devices, languages etc) so I will use DW as the master DB once I have that done. It may be that editing is best done in Excel, although I will try the updated android contact manager you mentioned in another post. I have used Go Contacts a bit but it is too clunky, and like too many other good apps, it is tied to the Google store - which is blocked behind the Great Firewall in my current location. Nice to hve some choice like BW being offered on Amazon