Automatic Groups - Clearing Contacts.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Automatic Groups - Clearing Contacts.

Post by pollensa1946 »

There are two Automatic Groups - "Frequently contacted" and "Voicemail" (calls diverted due to in a Contact the option "All calls to Voicemail" is set on). In these groups the list of contacts increases continually. I'm confused as to how to clear these out of the Group. For "Frequently contacted" you can go to "Favourites" and select the option "Clear frequents", but what if the "Favourites" tab is not set on as is the case in a second phone I have. For "Voicemail" there is no obvious solution. There is a Multi-select option "Delete contacts". I suspect that this entirely removes the contact from DWP? Obviously I want to simple clear the contact from that Group, but not to delete it from DWP. In other user created Groups there is an option "Remove contact from group". Can this be added to these groups? Or is there another solution I am not seeing?
devin

Re: Automatic Groups - Clearing Contacts.

Post by devin »

Hello
These groups are created based on the state of the contact.
For Voicemail: open the contacts at the bottom of the list contains the option to remove.
devin

Post by devin »

There is another option in the contact list menu -> "Unblock calls from shown contacts"
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

My apologies. I have misunderstood the "Voicemail" group. I thought it was calls that had been diverted. It is in fact Contacts that have been set "All calls to Voicemail". No problem.

What about...
For "Frequently contacted" you can go to "Favourites" and select the option "Clear frequents", but what if the "Favourites" tab is not set on as is the case in a second phone I have.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I will add a "clear favorite contacts" to "favorite contacts" auto group long press menu.
What do you think?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Good, thank you.
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome!
I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
About Link to RAR files also be resolved.
Note that the beta version will not overwrite the original DWC contacts. You need to start it from another icon in the All Programs list.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Checked out new release and both fixes are good. Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you!
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Very strange! Last night the link to a RAR file was working OK, although the little icon to the right of the link was missing. This morning, after rebooting, the problem is back to where it was. I get the message "System does not support" when I click the link. I tried uninstalling the beta and reinstalling but still a problem. I have tried deleting links and reinstating them but still a problem. The only difference in conditions is that last night I had access to wifi, this morning I do not (I am away from home at the moment). I cannot see how that would cause a problem. So no progress on linking to RAR files.
devin

Post by devin »

Surprisingly, it has been working in my phone. I will solve the problem of the icon.
Unclear whether because the use of the older version of the contacts viewer.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Good news! I installed the RAR for Android app and all is now working, including the icon to the right of the link. I rebooted and it continued to work. It even works in the Pro version I have installed in addition to the beta.
devin

Post by devin »

Thanks!