New theme - help can't see my text!

Moderators: dwp, devin

LordJohn

New theme - help can't see my text!

Post by LordJohn »

New theme at 2.8.0.2-pro means I can't see my text.

I really want to go back to what I had before, because I had various settings as I am visually impaired. I can't find a way to do this. When I search, and click on view contact, all the text is now white on a off-white background. The text was black before.

A leap backwards for me I am afraid. :(
devin

Re: New theme - help can't see my text!

Post by devin »

Hello
You can change the background color in the theme settings.

Theme settings
2.2 Global theme settings
2.2.1 Background color
http://wiki.dw-p.net/DWC:Settings#Background_color
LordJohn

Post by LordJohn »

BUT changing the background colour in the search results which show the contacts is NOT the answer, when the text which used to be black is now white. With poor vision, black text on off-white backgrounds works for me, but white text on black does not.

The problem is that between 8.0.0 and 8.02 the text in the search results of the contact details changed colour and there seems no way to fix this.
LordJohn

Post by LordJohn »

Perhaps I have not explained how to demonstrate the problem. Basically I run run white/off-white backgrounds and black text. All is OK when searching for contacts. Having got a list of contacts, I click on the one I want. It asks for which contact viewer I want, either DWP or the standard one. I select DWP and get all the details, with white text on an off-white background.

I would take a screen-shot but my phones volume button does not work.

I cannot work out which setting is the text colour in the contact details screen. The setting menu in that screen does not allow for colour changes. The text saying PHONE GROUPS NOTES is black, the dividing lines are black, but the actual details are all white!
LordJohn

Post by LordJohn »

I have found a solution:

As iopposed to selecting Early White as a theme - what I would have expected, I need to select Early Black. Not what I would think of doing as the backgrounds in the selection icon are all black with white text the reverse of what I need.

Hope this helps someone else.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Do you mean the matched text highlight color?
If you can put screenshots will be fine.
LordJohn

Post by LordJohn »

Sadly can't get screenshot,because my phone volume button has failed and other ways don't seem to work. If I use Early Black, find some contacts, click and select one to view details, like phone, e-mail etc., all is OK. I get black text on off-white. However if I select Early White, the same appears as white text on off-white background.

The problem occurs when I view the actual contact details. Does this help?
devin

Post by devin »

You can use a camera to get the screen. You do not like the color or completely invisible.