Search facility in EVENTS List?

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Search facility in EVENTS List?

Post by pollensa1946 »

The search facility in the EVENTS List is strange. I would expect, in this type of list, that the search would look through the content of the EVENTS, instead it appears to search the content of the CONTACT DETAILS of those contacts that appear in the list. So, I have lots of Birthdays set up in Events but a search for "Birthday" gives zero results, whereas in a typical Calendar app I will get a list of all the birthdays which appear in the Events List. If I type in a phone number in the Events search I get a list of those contacts in the list that have that number in their details. So it is obvious that the search is on Contact Details and not the actual Events. The interesting thing is that entering a birthday/anniversary in Events causes that info to be synced into the Contact Details that show up in PC Chrome, but these fields that appear in the PC Contacts Details are not shown on the phone. So searching the Contact Details on the phone does not find birthdays/anniversaries. However, if I then use the Add Custom Field option and add a label "Birthday Sep 1" to Contact Details searching in the Contact List finds that contact. Searching in Events does not find that contact.
So the Events search looks in Contact Details but does not show Birthdays even when custom fields are added. Bug?
devin

Re: Search facility in EVENTS List?

Post by devin »

Hello
So, I have lots of Birthdays set up in Events but a search for "Birthday" gives zero results,
Now it does not search Event Label, I will try to support in the future.
The interesting thing is that entering a birthday/anniversary in Events causes that info to be synced into the Contact Details that show up in PC Chrome, but these fields that appear in the PC Contacts Details are not shown on the phone.
If you display Events tab in the contact's details, they are automatically hidden.
However, if I then use the Add Custom Field option and add a label "Birthday Sep 1" to Contact Details searching in the Contact List finds that contact.
Searching in Events does not find that contact.
Custom data will not be considered an event.
Search different "EVENTS TAB" and "Contacts TAB": EVENTS just added support for "event date" search.