Export/Import of Block List?

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Export/Import of Block List?

Post by pollensa1946 »

Export/Import of Block List. How does this work?
I want to export my Block List from one phone and import it into another. So I go to Block List and select "Export to storage" and the message tells me the file has been exported to... DW/contacts/backup/block-list-20150114T141445.cvs Using Total Commander I can see that file on my phone. Strangely enough when I hook the phone to my Windows PC, File Explorer does not see that file, but I use Push Bullet to send the file to Windows and then I do see it in the form... block-list-20150114T141445.cvs So I transfer the file to the same folder on the 2nd phone...
DW/contacts/backup/block-list-20150114T141445.cvs
I go to Block List and the "Import from storage" tells me "Restore failed. Make sure you have set the correct path". I have set the correct path so as a test I manually set up a short Block List on the 2nd phone, export it successfully to storage and then try to import it on that same phone. Again the import fails with the same message.
What am I doing wrong? How is this supposed to work?
devin

Re: Export/Import of Block List?

Post by devin »

Hello
Thank you! I will solve the problem file is not visible, it's just because there is no notification is sent.
About importing, try clicking the Browse button in the dialog box to select the file you want to import.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:...About importing, try clicking the Browse button in the dialog box to select the file you want to import.
The Browse option gave me only selections of Drive and Downloads, since the file was not in either location I could not see it. However, I installed Total Commander (TC) on the phone and was able to see the file and successfully import it. Thanks.
That leaves open the question of why Import does not work using the default import selection of OK, rather than Browse which requires a further install of TC.
devin

Post by devin »

OK, I will do, as the new backup manager. How do you feel?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:OK, I will do, as the new backup manager. How do you feel?
OK, no problem.