Contact local time is incorrect

Moderators: dwp, devin

[email protected]

Contact local time is incorrect

Post by [email protected] »

I am located in Arizona, as are many of my contacts. We have only one time zone for the entire state. However the contact local time for my Arizona contacts displays one hour later than the correct time. Even my contact displays the wrong time... How are you determining the contact local time? Do you use the area code or the zip code or something else?
devin

Re: Contact local time is incorrect

Post by devin »

Hello
It is based on the area code.
[email protected]

Only Arizona has this 520 area code and the thing to know is that Arizona is not affected by daylight savings... We are currently on UTC-07:00, (Mountain Standard Time) but without daylight savings. Your app is displaying the time as if we had daylight savings applied.
[email protected]

Then I believe that the app is miscalculating the time for Arizona. Arizona does not factor in Daylight Savings. So we are UTC (07:00) with no offset for daylight savings. The app is showing the time here as (UTC-07:00) with an offset for Daylight Savings but currently we are at (UTC-08:00) with an offset or (UTC-07:00) with no offset.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
Note that the beta version will not overwrite the original DWC contacts. You need to start it from another icon in the All Programs list.
Thank you!
[email protected]

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. I was busy at work until today. But I did download and install your new build earlier today. However, I cannot get the contact local time to display at all. I start the "lite" version you uploaded, go into Settings/Contact details and check the Show contact's local time checkbox. But the time does not display when I open or call a contact. When Android asks what app to open a contact in I select the DW lite version...

Am I doing something wrong?
devin

Post by devin »

If the contact with you. Where the same time zone. Time will not be displayed.
[email protected]

I understand. The build you uploaded does not display the contact time if the contact is in my time zone based on area code. So contacts in Arizona and in California, which is now on the same time as us, do not display the contact time. However this does not always work if they are outside of my zone, based on area code. I have contacts in England and their time displays, as it should. But my contacts in Pennsylvania, with a 610 and a 484 area code, do not display contact time, even though they are in a different time zone from me.
[email protected]

OK, I had added these and closed DW and reopened it. But if I shut down and restart the phone, it know shows the contact time for Pennsylvania as it should. My mistake, sorry about that. Looks like the problem is fixed in that build.
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you for your feedback, the new version has been published to Google play.