Default Ringtone

Moderators: dwp, devin

NicktheGreek

Default Ringtone

Post by NicktheGreek »

Using Oneplus One with Oxygen ROM and Android 5.0.2 and DWP 2.9.4.1-pro and not sure what is happening with the Default Ringtone :roll:

Most contracts should just have the phones default Ringtone which in the System Settings of Android, I have set to my own custom "Nick" Ringtone. However, if I go to any contact in DWP and look at the current Ringtone, the first one is selected ("Default Ringtone") but upon pressing it, I just get a single "bong" noise, repeated for as long as I hold the item.

Am I missing something here? I was expecting to hear my custom Ringtone!
Oneplus One
CM12.1 ROM
Android 5.1.1
DWP 2.9.6.1-pro
devin

Re: Default Ringtone

Post by devin »

Hello
We just create a link to the ringtones in the contact information. When incall system plays the tone.
In ringtone selector, ring tones can play normal?
NicktheGreek

Post by NicktheGreek »

Thanks for the reply.

I have noe discovered that although the Ringtone plays fine in the System Settings when I select it there, it isn't really there and in other Apps it also just plays a gong, so that fault is with the ROM, not anything to do with DWP.

Strangely, there are two of most of my ringtones in the list and if I select the other, everything works well in all Apps. I have searched for this "ghost " mirror using ES but can't find it anywhere. Annoying as I have no idea which is the ghost one when in settings as both work fine there. It is just Apps that can't seem to access it.
Oneplus One
CM12.1 ROM
Android 5.1.1
DWP 2.9.6.1-pro
devin

Post by devin »

You're welcome! "ghost" ringing the corresponding file in the phone?
NicktheGreek

Post by NicktheGreek »

Cleared the data from "Media Storage" in Apps and that sorted it. All the ghosts have gone :)
Oneplus One
CM12.1 ROM
Android 5.1.1
DWP 2.9.6.1-pro