Trouble migrating all my contacts

Moderators: dwp, devin

LordJohn

Trouble migrating all my contacts

Post by LordJohn »

Hi - Don't seem to find a way to move all my contacts from my old HTC Desire HD to my new Samsung S6. I get some across and find data missing in them like address or phone number.

Can you give me a work through on exactly what files to backup and copy across and where to put them? I did a full file copy of the HTC on to my PC, so I should be able to try all sorts of things. So far I seem to get lots of group, when I just what ALL my contacts. The Contacts group has 32 entries, the My Contacts group has 32, the All Contacts 686 and my google account 686. So we have quite a mess. The old phone has 2198 - so I really do need them all copied across somehow.

All help welcome, including what the correct folder layout should be. Already spent far too long on this - my wife is not that pleased ...

Yours John.
devin

Re: Trouble migrating all my contacts

Post by devin »

Hi John
If you do not use the network to synchronize contacts.
You can use the backup and restore functions provided by toolbox.
Export all contacts to vcf file, and then import the new device.
LordJohn

Post by LordJohn »

OK - thanks for that. What is the best way of getting a clean install of DWP on my Galaxy S6 - uninstall and delete the DW directory? and then reinstall? Then where you I put the .vcf to restore /create the new information?

Many thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
If you hope to clear all contacts?
Uninstall DW Contacts will not help.
You need to go to the application manager, find the contact provider, and then click to clear all data. However, some phones might also clears the SMS and call records.