Every Contact has a different colour on Contact Details?

Moderators: dwp, devin

AussieBobM

Every Contact has a different colour on Contact Details?

Post by AussieBobM »

I have just started using the free version of DW Contacts & Phone and am really loving it so far. I have one query though which I haven't been able to find an answer for in the FAQ or checking through the Forum posts. I currently have the theme set to Black which gives me a bar top and bottom of the screen in an aqua colour which looks very smart against the black background. When I click on an individual contact and go to the detailed contact page the colour of the top and bottom bars changes to an apparently random colour. What I mean is that each contact's page has different colours. I'd really like to just have a constant colour on every page but no matter what settings I change I can't find anything that seems to set this, My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Alpha running Android 5.0.2 if that is relevant.

I also installed DWP on my ASUS Transformer Pad (although it has no phone capability - the contact capability for contact addresses and emails is useful). On the ASUS all contact pages do have a common colour. I'm guessing that I must have inadvertently changed a setting on the Samsung to cause the difference but I have no idea what. Can anyone guide me in the right direction to sort this out?

Thanks in anticipation, and apologies if I have overlooked something really basic.
AussieBobM
devin

Re: Every Contact has a different colour on Contact Details?

Post by devin »

Hello
Try a different theme. You also can be avoided by closing the colorful icon.
AussieBobM

Post by AussieBobM »

Thanks for your reply.

Turning off the colorful icon makes no difference, all individual contact pages continue to display the different colors on the top and bottom bars on my Samsung. Changing to a different theme does fix the problem but means that I no longer have the consistent screen display that I like across all contact screens. As I mentioned my ASUS does provide that consistency (Aqua top & bottom bars with black page background on all contact screens) using the same black theme, this is what confused me. There must be some difference between how DWP works in phone and tablet formats.

In any case thanks for your response, it isn't a deal breaker - DWP still does so much more than Contacts+ that I have previously been using, so I can live with some ugliness ;) . I was worried that I had mucked up a setting without realizing it. It seems that the pro version does allow a lot more ability to customize colors and settings so I guess I will be have to buy that provided everything continues to work okay as I test the free version over the next few days.
AussieBobM
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you, in the new version of doing some adjustments.
AussieBobM

Post by AussieBobM »

Thanks for your reply. I have now purchased the pro version to support your work (and for the extra features :D ) but haven't had time to explore all the possibilities as yet Thank you for providing such a useful app.
AussieBobM
devin

Post by devin »

Thank you for your support.