Outlook contacts not syncing since MS Apps update

Moderators: dwp, devin

Mas2015

Outlook contacts not syncing since MS Apps update

Post by Mas2015 »

Hello,

My contacts are in MS Outlook desktop which is syncing with outlook.com account. Using Android outlook.com apps I could have all my contacts synced to device, and DWP would display these contacts from the phone's list.
MS have updated their Android apps, now it's called "Outlook" the previous "outlook.com" is not available any more. The new apps does sync contacts within the app itself but doesn't share with Android, so DWP doesn't display any contacts.
Other than migrating all my contacts to a google account, is there a way to get DWP sync with Outlook with a FREE app?

Thanks to all,
devin

Re: Outlook contacts not syncing since MS Apps update

Post by devin »

Hello
I do not know you can try to find in Google play
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

I use Outlook 2010 on the desktop and work the sync the other way. I maintain all my contacts on Google Contacts via Chrome desktop and export to a file which I then import into Outlook. No problems. I've tried desktop syncing pgms Google to Outlook and none of them worked perfectly. Export/import does it every time.
Mas2015

Post by Mas2015 »

OK thanks very much for your feedback. So basically, since the Android "Outlook.com" app is discontinued and the new "outlook" doesn't share contacts with the phone, the only solution is: Google. How ironic is that: Microsoft pushing people to go with Google.