DWP-PRO on a non-SIM Tablet.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

DWP-PRO on a non-SIM Tablet.

Post by pollensa1946 »

I'm planning to install DWP-PRO on a non-SIM (so no telephone connection) tablet. In this form its intended use is as a reference database, although of course I hope to use it for GMail. Will this function OK? Any problems I should be aware of?
pollensa1946

Re: DWP-PRO on a non-SIM Tablet.

Post by pollensa1946 »

My chosen tablet unexpectedly arrived today so I got to this earlier than anticipated. DWP installs and works as I want it to, so far so good.
Some bugs/problems...

1) In the Favourites display it is not possible to turn off the PHONE symbol alongside the contact name when in landscape mode. I go into... Settings/Favourites/Items to show ...and turn off the Dial button, but it persists in the display when in landscape mode, it switches off OK and is not shown in portrait mode. This is a bug that exists also on my phone, and I assume all devices, when in landscape mode so it is clearly in the DWP code.
***EDIT*** ALL of the settings in... Favourites/ Items to show ...do not work in landscape mode. Setting them on or off has no effect. You always get a display showing the PHONE symbol regardless of settings.

2) In the Contact Details display the SMS symbol alongside the phone numbers is of no value since I have no SMS over cellular function. Can you provide an option to switch off the SMS icon.

3) In Contact Details when the phone number is pressed a message "System Exception" appears. Again that function is not available so can it be turned off either by detecting that there is no cellular connection or by option.

4) In the Contacts listing a long press on the contact produces an options list some of which are not functional, like "Call", "Call using...", "Edit number before call" etc. Can this options list be trimmed to that which is actually possible.

5) Similarly in the Contacts Details a long press on the phone number produces an options list some of which is not possible.

***EDIT*** (2) thru (5) could be tagged to one Global Option "Used in a non-cellular product"

6) When listing the Contacts in a Group could you deliver your previous promise to make available Activate and Sort for the Tabs in that listing. This is so I can delete Companies and Titles.

Otherwise DWP looks and feels terrific on the larger tablet screen and I anticipate rolling it out across a number of devices.
Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

pollensa1946 wrote: 1) In the Favourites display it is not possible to turn off the PHONE symbol alongside the contact name when in landscape mode. I go into... Settings/Favourites/Items to show ...and turn off the Dial button, but it persists in the display when in landscape mode, it switches off OK and is not shown in portrait mode. This is a bug that exists also on my phone, and I assume all devices, when in landscape mode so it is clearly in the DWP code.
***EDIT*** ALL of the settings in... Favourites/ Items to show ...do not work in landscape mode. Setting them on or off has no effect. You always get a display showing the PHONE symbol regardless of settings.
You can use the multi-touch control, you do not need to enter the settings.
http://wiki.dw-p.net/DWC:Manual:Multi-touch_usage
pollensa1946 wrote: 2) In the Contact Details display the SMS symbol alongside the phone numbers is of no value since I have no SMS over cellular function. Can you provide an option to switch off the SMS icon.
If you install Internet SMS program it will be useful.
pollensa1946 wrote: 3) In Contact Details when the phone number is pressed a message "System Exception" appears. Again that function is not available so can it be turned off either by detecting that there is no cellular connection or by option.
Just a hint, because some phones may not provide "dial-up permission" to get the same prompt.
pollensa1946 wrote: 4) In the Contacts listing a long press on the contact produces an options list some of which are not functional, like "Call", "Call using...", "Edit number before call" etc. Can this options list be trimmed to that which is actually possible.
It works when you use Internet telephony.
pollensa1946 wrote: 6) When listing the Contacts in a Group could you deliver your previous promise to make available Activate and Sort for the Tabs in that listing. This is so I can delete Companies and Titles.
Sorry for the delay, I was doing the other.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote: 1) You can use the multi-touch control, you do not need to enter the settings.
http://wiki.dw-p.net/DWC:Manual:Multi-touch_usage
That touch just does not work for me. I cannot permanently remove the phone symbol on the left of the landscape screen. It's no big deal in the short term but it would be good if the published options to remove these symbols... Settings/Favourites/Items to show ...could be made to work in landscape mode in a future release.

2) through (5 are no big deal, I can get along with them while I investigate possible options.
devin wrote:6) Sorry for the delay, I was doing the other.
Thanks. I hope you are able to provide in a future release.
devin

Post by devin »

Strange I just tested multi-touch, it work in my phone.
pollensa1946

Re: V3 & DWP-PRO on a non-SIM Tablet.

Post by pollensa1946 »

pollensa1946 wrote:...ALL of the settings in... Favourites/ Items to show ...do not work in landscape mode. Setting them on or off has no effect. You always get a display showing the PHONE symbol regardless of settings....
Nice work on V3, looks good and thanks for adding Arrange & Sort for the Tab Settings in the Group Display.

However, the feature quoted above still is not working properly.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello there
I did not change it, multi-touch does not work on your phone, I do not know why.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

The fact that "Items to show" in Favourites landscape mode does not work is a bug. Could you please fix it.
devin

Post by devin »

OK, I will add an option in the menu.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:OK, I will add an option in the menu.
??? The options are already there, but they don't work when in landscape mode.
devin

Post by devin »

Just need to click the icon three points, then you can be set. not need to Settings

http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Sorry for the delay, been a busy week. That beta fixes the problem, thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

Thanks
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Favourites Items to show now working in Landscape mode. Thanks.