Tapping on the widget opens the android dialer app

Moderators: dwp, devin

deboopi

Tapping on the widget opens the android dialer app

Post by deboopi »

Hi,
I recently switched from phone and now I'm using a galaxy S9+.
Up to two days ago no problem.
But now when I tap the widget on the home screen the android dialer shows up instead of DWP.
If I go to the apps i cannot see the dialer, when I use ES file explorer I can see the dialer storage with the system apps (but in dutch I can see Telefoon which is Dialer and not dialer storage)but the button set as default is greyed oiut. I checked DWP and set it once again as default but this does not change anything.
Tapping on the DWP icon shows up DWP , tapping a contact goes to dwp (first time it will ask).
Is there a way to get back the previous behaviour, tapping on the widget showing dwp?

regards, Piet
deboopi

Re: Tapping on the widget opens the android dialer app

Post by deboopi »

For test I tried out some other contact and phone managers.
Only one of them had the following result.
After installing the app nand tapping the DW contacts widget I got the question which app to open to view the contact.
This did not happen when I installed DW Contacts.
Before I had a Sony Xperia X Performance also on Oreo and I cannot remember having the same problem over there.
devin

Post by devin »

Enter ***044# to the dial pad to force the contact viewer provided by the DW contact to open a contact when using DW Contacts.
deboopi

Post by deboopi »

Hi,
entering ***044" worked the first time.
In the meantime I tried some other contact managers and when I tap the widget I go to the default contact app in view mode of the contact.
I cannot get back to DW Contacts and Dialer. How to go back to it and automatically to the dialer instead of viewing the contact?

Before I could see one phone number with before the number two handset icons one for calling one for texting.
Now I see the same number twice on two diferent lines once one calling once for texting.
Is there a setting to control this?
devin

Post by devin »

Then, you can only find the current default contact viewer in the app manager and then choose to clear the default.