SMS Size Limit and Volume of Texts

Moderators: dwp, devin

Holo

SMS Size Limit and Volume of Texts

Post by Holo »

Hello

I've noticed DW's maximum SMS size is around 14x160 then it appears to truncate the text. I've tried ChompSMS (for a comparison) which appears to have no such limit (sent a 50x160 size text) but it has a whole lot less features. I know you can bump into Android's built in OS settings limitations for sending texts (30 texts per 30 minutes) but I have overcome these limitations and have configured my phone to send 1000 texts per 5 minutes (see link below).

I presume you have set your text size limit with Android's limitations in mind? While you might say I should be sending messages some other way I am locked in to sending SMSs for the time being (my previous way of sending volume texts was a Note 3 and SMSlam which is no longer available).

So my question are:

Can DWs SMS size limit be removed/increased?
With group texting in mind, for example - sending to 100 contacts and a 5x160 text message (ie: 500 text messages), am I going to bump into DW's texting limits this way a well? Does DW do any counting and limiting of sent texts?

Link: https://www.xda-developers.com/change-s ... t-android/

Regards
Steve
devin

Re: SMS Size Limit and Volume of Texts

Post by devin »

Hello
Thanks for your feedback, I have changed the limit from 2000 to 20000 characters.