SMS-send notification alert

Moderators: dwp, devin

webrider

SMS-send notification alert

Post by webrider »

Hello Team, I cannot find how to get an SMS-sending sound alert. I can only read that my SMS was sent, when I'm going directly to the message. Then I'll see a sending date, but I want to hear an sound alert, when SMS went out. Is there any possibility. I didn't find it yet. webrider. :roll:
webrider

Re: SMS-send notification alert

Post by webrider »

Hello nobody can tell me if there is a possibility? :?: :(
camel

Post by camel »

in DWC you can't set this ...and never heard about, thatsomeone wants this.
also i can'T set this in my SMS app - "go SMS".
if you want to be sure, taht is was sent, then you can configure your system, that it should send back a report or "received sms report", but this will cost extra.

but, this is totally out of scope of DWC, because you will send sible SMS via your stock or default SMS app.

IF you are using DWC for sending mass SMS (bulk sms), then in DWC, there is an extra tab "SMS", where you can see the queue of sent SMS, and also you can see which sms still pending ...

cu camel
webrider

Post by webrider »

I used before an SMS-app that gave me a ringtone alarm when SMS went out, so I didn't have to look somewhere if it is out and annother alarm when there was a problem sending out. Its in the App-store and named goSMS: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result
camel

Post by camel »

webrider wrote:I used before an SMS-app that gave me a ringtone alarm when SMS went out, so I didn't have to look somewhere if it is out and annother alarm when there was a problem sending out. Its in the App-store and named goSMS: https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... rch_result
if you send 1000 bulk smsand you will hear a sound for every sms - would not make much sense - isn'T it ?
therefore you have the tab "SMS", where you can see if SMS are pending or in queue or if SMS are sent.
also in DWC is an option to save SENT SMS to system database.
cu camel
webrider

Post by webrider »

Who of the normal people is sending a bulk sms of 1000 ??? Beside this you can offer an hook for getting a an outgoin and incoming SMS-signal yes or no. Would that be so difficult? If not I'm changing back to the other one. I'm not sending 1000 SMS at once.
camel

Post by camel »

webrider wrote:Who of the normal people is sending a bulk sms of 1000 ??? Beside this you can offer an hook for getting a an outgoin and incoming SMS-signal yes or no. Would that be so difficult? If not I'm changing back to the other one. I'm not sending 1000 SMS at once.
sorry, maybe i don't understand your problem ...
if you click on a contact ->long-click -> you will get the function to send an email or SMS, and this will be done via your stock email or SMS app.

DWC is not a full SMS app for incoming and outgoing SMS ! (therefore i also use goSMS)
so, DWC is specially for sending mass (bulk) SMS and there we found a good way to handle the sms, which are pending and which are sent. -> see tab "SMS". addionally, in DWC you also have an option for "recipient reports", then you know if they are sent or not.

sending a bulk SMS -> anyway if there are 10 or 1000 SMS it is the same. the bulk SMS sending will be done in DWC. single SMS sending will be done in your stock or your default SMS app. we can not handle your stock app !

well, the sound can be helpful, if you are sending 1 sms, but on bulk-SMS ... really ? you would like to have it ?
so, example: if set this to the FR list ..... if a user sent 50 SMS ...
this sound should be played on every sucessfully SENT SMS ?
and another sound file for every error on sending ?
does this make sense ?

cu camel
webrider

Post by webrider »

ok, thanks now it's clear for my use it's better to use in addition "goSMS".
webrider

Post by webrider »

But it would be worth thinking of integrate a send and receive notification in the future with a ringtone, so there wouldn't be necessary use 2 different services like yours an goSMS. With a little hook to decide if I want an info-alarm o not that would be fine and avoid to use annother app too.
camel

Post by camel »

webrider wrote:ok, thanks now it's clear for my use it's better to use in addition "goSMS".
i edited my posting above.

yes, now you understand me, DWC is not a fully alternative for SMS app.
DWC is specially for sending SMS:
a) sending SMS greetings (pre-defined textes, so that all info will be pre-filled (see settings for events - there is a greeting text + you can user variables) - it's a nice feature..
b) sending bulk SMS -example: sending SMS to a group or to multiple users, where you can use the DWC for sending + builtin SMS queue + signature

for normal SMS app ->i use goSMS, too :)
camel

Post by camel »

webrider wrote:But it would be worth thinking of integrate a send and receive notification in the future with a ringtone, so there wouldn't be necessary use 2 different services like yours an goSMS. With a little hook to decide if I want an info-alarm o not that would be fine and avoid to use annother app too.
well, we can only add an option if user are sending SMS via DWC, which is mostly only used for bulk SMS, and there it can be really disturbing.

anyhow, i will set it to my list ...( i don'T belive, that many users are wanting this, anyhow - added to list)
webrider

Post by webrider »

ok, but would it not be usefull to integrate an service like goSMS too, so the users do not have tu use 2 apps only in the future your app ;) But I understood now.
camel

Post by camel »

webrider wrote:ok, but would it not be usefull to integrate an service like goSMS too, so the users do not have tu use 2 apps only in the future your app ;) But I understood now.
i don't think so ...devel must define the limits or border ..
because if you want tht DWC should can do all with is contacts realted ...pff then the list would be very long ...
contact viewer app, contact editor app, SMS app, email app ...
and why creating the wheel again, if it is existing ...
webrider

Post by webrider »

ok, bye
Jack81911

DW as DEFAULT SMS

Post by Jack81911 »

I love DW but I would also like to use it as my default SMS app in addition to contacts and its other functionalities