2 SIM support

Moderators: dwp, devin

oferyuval

2 SIM support

Post by oferyuval »

I have two questions about this app:
1. Does it support phones with 2 sims ? If so, how do I turn this support on ?
2. Can I filter the call-log ? (for example see only missed calls)
Thanks !
camel

Re: 2 SIM support

Post by camel »

hi oferyuval,
oferyuval wrote:I have two questions about this app:
1. Does it support phones with 2 sims ? If so, how do I turn this support on ?
good question, i have no device, which are having 2 sims inside, so can't test this...
on my android: i can't create a contacts on SIM card (always give me a choise of all accounts (local, gmail, exchange, etc), but not the SIM card.
you can start DWC, then go to settings -> and there look in: "Account data" -> there you see all your accounts.
(SIM card account tpes are looking like: com.android.contacts.sim, but will only be shown, if there are contacts saved on SIM card.)
for future: saving contacts on SIM card is not a good idea, because not support much fields.
oferyuval wrote:2. Can I filter the call-log ? (for example see only missed calls)
Thanks !
in new version, the call log will be upgraded, and it will be possible in a future version (we are just working on it):
+ sort order for call log
+ to filter the call log list (on types or contacts - single + multi-select)
+ to calc the summaries of shown call log list (only in *PRO version)
+ to export the call log list (CSV, Text) (only in *PRO version)
so it will be also possible to use the call log to calculate how much time you have dialed with contacts, groups, organizations (it is planned, that you can select any items, and then click on a new feature: "Show in call log", and then it will switch to call log + only show the call logs of selected items)

cu camel
cu camel
oferyuval

Post by oferyuval »

Thanks for the detailed reply. I will wait for the next version.
As for the 2 sims: I do not store contacts on the sims. I am looking for the possibility to make a call on either sim.
Dialers which support 2 sims have 2 CALL keys, typically marked as "sim 1" and "sim 2".
After you input the number to be dialed you press either "sim 1" or "sim 2".

Thanks.
camel

Post by camel »

oferyuval wrote:Thanks for the detailed reply. I will wait for the next version.
As for the 2 sims: I do not store contacts on the sims. I am looking for the possibility to make a call on either sim.
Dialers which support 2 sims have 2 CALL keys, typically marked as "sim 1" and "sim 2".
After you input the number to be dialed you press either "sim 1" or "sim 2".

Thanks.
puh, now i know what you mean, so you have a dialer with 2 dial buttons ...pff :(
sorry, but without having such test device it will be almost impossible to implement this.
also i think, there are to less users, which are wanting this .... if you really want to have this feature in a future version ... extra sponsoring must be discussed ...also we would must chat via skype or icq one ? - to talk about how it should be implemented.
(ex: if you click on dialer -> then open a popup where you can always select which sim card should be used for dialing ...? would this be ok, if you will always ask for dialing ?)
is there a default SIM, which will be used as default for dialing ? or do it use always the fist one ? which is the first ? is there a special SIM slot for default SIM ? or do me must implement another function on long press menu, where you can select the second sim ?
(i don't think, that it will be a good idea to add another dialer icon, because extra dial icon would cost too much space on screen)
which android devices do have 2 sim cards inside ?
oferyuval

2 SIM support

Post by oferyuval »

The dialers I used before (Android 2.2 stock dialer, DialerOne) support it.
Almost all cellphones sold in China are dual sim.
In the settings of the phone there is a section called "dual sim settings".
I could send you some screen shots, but I don't know how to take them.
camel

Post by camel »

oferyuval wrote:The dialers I used before (Android 2.2 stock dialer, DialerOne) support it.
Almost all cellphones sold in China are dual sim.
In the settings of the phone there is a section called "dual sim settings".
I could send you some screen shots, but I don't know how to take them.
you will find on market a lot of apps -> search for "screenshot" (personally i use "screenshot it" - which is the best - but cost a little bit)
also will contact dialerone devel...
also maybe you can make screenshots, how dialerone handle this, if multiple sim cards inplace.

cu camel
oferyuval

Post by oferyuval »

Settings:
dual sim setting
dual sim setting
1.png (26.79 KiB) Viewed 16908 times
dual sim setting
dual sim setting
2.png (30.6 KiB) Viewed 16908 times
3.png
3.png (29.74 KiB) Viewed 16908 times
oferyuval

2 SIM support

Post by oferyuval »

Stock Dialer :
4.png
4.png (42.47 KiB) Viewed 16908 times
Select a contact and press dial :
5.png
5.png (33 KiB) Viewed 16908 times
camel

Post by camel »

i'm sorry, i did a research and:
1.) in android AOSP (Open Source Project) - there is no API to use a 2nd SIM card to call
2.) this settings/dialer is complete written from manufacturer
3.) on application: "DialerOne" - it is also not supported (talked with devel of "dialerone")
4.) Here in Europe - i only found, that it will be possible to get 1 dual-sim phone -> "Pearl Simvalley Mobile SP-40", and every manufacturer will make the usage of 2 sims on their own developments, and then don''t give me the sources or neccesary classes, so that DWC can use the call-class for 2sim cards.

so, i think it is not possible at the moment - so long as we do no get info from devels:
-> we would need from every "dual-sim card the manufacturer" the classes to call the sim cards, then it would be possible to implement.
(to buy a device will not be enough)
but, maybe you can get the classes from manufacturer-developers . If you get a contact person, please let me know.

cu camel
oferyuval

2 SIM support

Post by oferyuval »

Thanks for the effort cu camel.
I will check the DialerOne - i used it and I think it did support the 2 SIMs.
camel

Post by camel »

oferyuval wrote:Thanks for the effort cu camel. I will check the DialerOne - i used it and I think it did support the 2 SIMs.
ok, but you will not be lucky, because i talked with "yermek"(devel of dialerone, and he would know, if he had implemented this)
cu camel
mami

Post by mami »

in diallerOne, if you tap directly the call button, it will place the new call automatically with the first SIM, but if you entered in the contact detail and tap the call button, it will display a window where you can choose the sim to use for placing the call. If someone can make this behaviour as default it woul be great. I own a China phone with dual SIM so if you need a beta tester, I am ready to install it and give you feedbacks afterward.
camel

Post by camel »

mami wrote:in diallerOne, if you tap directly the call button, it will place the new call automatically with the first SIM, but if you entered in the contact detail and tap the call button, it will display a window where you can choose the sim to use for placing the call. If someone can make this behaviour as default it woul be great. I own a China phone with dual SIM so if you need a beta tester, I am ready to install it and give you feedbacks afterward.
in dialer one it is working ?
can you make screenshots, where you get the select window for sim cards ?
maybe i can see the android system content names ?
(if it is working in dialer one, then i can ask devel, and he is supporting DWC).

if we can implement it ...
how should we do it ?
is it enough to make only 1 new option in settings menu ?
like: Settings -> Display settings -> Phone view settings -> "Show call selection window"
(text: for Multi-SIM devices, show you a selection window to choice which SIM card to use before starting dialing")
should this then work for every icon, which makes a call ? or only for dial icons on contacts ? or only on dialpad - dialer icon ?

cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

mami wrote:in diallerOne, if you tap directly the call button, it will place the new call automatically with the first SIM, but if you entered in the contact detail and tap the call button, it will display a window where you can choose the sim to use for placing the call. If someone can make this behaviour as default it woul be great. I own a China phone with dual SIM so if you need a beta tester, I am ready to install it and give you feedbacks afterward.
hi mami,
well, i tested in dialer one, there is no "contact detail", you click on a contact and then it shows you your stock "contact viewer", and there then you can press (maybe) the dialer icon, and you will get a choice of which sim card makes the call. the same you can use in DWC.
therfore you only must click on "contact name", then it will show you the stock "contact viewer", where you can also click the same dialer icon as described above.
but, this have nothing todo, that dialer one support it. dialer one open only your "contact viewer"
as told: you can also do that ...
(if it is a history item (call log), then long click on item -> then select "view contact", then you can use your stock "contact viewer", which supports the dual sim dialer.

can you check this and give me feedback about ...

cu camel
camel

Post by camel »

oferyuval wrote:Thanks for the effort cu camel.
I will check the DialerOne - i used it and I think it did support the 2 SIMs.
ok, well we found a way no to handle the INTENT for "missed calls" and added support for "samsung SGS" (maybe all samsung devices)

what we would need:

1.) dialer.apk for your system
2.) your device
3.) detail - logging .... start applciation: "alogcat" -> then:
a) start your stock dialer -> enter caller number and then press "SIM1 dial button" and make the call - after that stop alogcat - and save file as "SIM1-directcall"
b) start your stock dialer -> enter caller number and then press "SIM2 dial button" and make the call - after that stop alogcat - and save file as "SIM2-directcall"
c) start your stock dialer -> enter caller number and then press "dial button" and you should get the dialog to select which sim you want use to dial, make the call - after that stop alogcat - and save file as "SIM2-dialog-call"

then i need all this logs ...i think, if i can get all this things, i think it is possible to add suppot for your manufacturer :)
mario75

Post by mario75 »

Hello,
I know this thread is old, but the question is similar.
On my phone Allview P5 ICS 4.0.4. dualsim, When I make a call, a popup window appears with the option to select the sim to be used for dialling. That's fine.
My question is: Can you do something that in the history view, on its own tab and on the phone tab also, to display the number of the sim that missed the call, received or made the call?
The stock contact management app, "people" does that.
Thank you for your great work!
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello,
Thank you, I will try.
mario75

Post by mario75 »

Is it possible that in history tab and phone tab, next to contact, to display the sim number or color that missed, dialed or received the call.
Sorry for the bump.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Sorry, I have not completed this task. Because mobile developers to use a custom API. I will try in the future.
mario75

Post by mario75 »

Thank you very much! Very beautiful implemented! Nice work!
This is now my favorite contacts app. Well done!
mario75

Post by mario75 »

Hello!
Thank you again for a great app and for all the effort put into it to make it for everybody's taste.
I'm afraid to say that this feature, works, but doesn't show the right sim number all the time. I mean, 90% gets it right, but some numbers I call or I miss, shows them on a wrong sim number.
I tried stopping/restarting the app, checking/unchecking dual sim support and show sim number in history and swap sim numbers, for no luck. Maybe it is something on your side.
Thank you again!
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Thank you!
I have uploaded a new file to http://dw-p.net/dl/DW-Contacts-Phone-test.apk
If possible, please try if it works?
mario75

Post by mario75 »

Thank you
I have tried today the test .apk and all seems right. I have used generic 1 settings and all placed calls were identified correctly. I'm waiting for some incoming calls, to test also for incoming calls.
Beautiful with the coloured sim cards next to caller. Can you also make the color an user option , to match the colors initially selected for sims.
I can also send you the settings by email, if it is helpful.
One thing is annoying at this test .apk. When I make a call, a pop-up shows with 2 options: "phone" and "phone- don't set as default". In fact is just one option, but one more pop-up for that.
I uninstalled both .apk's, the market and the test and reinstalled the test one, with no luck on this issue.
Thank you for your time, Best regards!
Have a nice day!
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Thank you for the test, if there is fault, please contact me. About the color I will try to add the option in the future.
mario75 wrote: One thing is annoying at this test .apk. When I make a call, a pop-up shows with 2 options: "phone" and "phone- don't set as default". In fact is just one option, but one more pop-up for that.
Is there an option that allows you to "phone" is set as the default.
serg1406

Re: поддержка 2 SIM

Post by serg1406 »

Здравствуйте...У меня на PHILIPS W632 версия Андроид 2.3.5 Не работает режим 2-х сим .Помогите исправить ситуацию...
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

Скажите будет поддержка 2-х сим в PHILIPS W632 ? У меня не идет.. :(
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Will later upgrade to 2.5.5.1
After the upgrade, go to the Toolbox - Dual SIM configuration
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

Спасибо за ответ..А когда выйдет обновление ?
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

Обновил до версии 2.5.5.1 и все равно не идет.Может что то не так делаю ? Что надо сделать после установки приложения, какие необходимо сделать настройки ?
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Please go to the Toolboxs TAB - Dual SIM configuration
Then follow the instructions to do it. Maybe your device can support.
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

Здравствуйте...У меня не выскакивает окно выбора с какой сим карты звонить...Может вышлите инструкцию или видеоурок...
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Sorry no video tutorials.
In the [Dual SIM card configuration]
Enable [Enable dual-card support]
In the [Test number] Enter a phone number, you can be your own phone number
In the [Device] to select an item
Click the bottom [Dial 1] and [Dial 2] button
When you click [Dial 1] and [Dial 2] button you can use a different SIM card dialing. Click the [Save] button
If you do not work try selecting different item in the [Device]
Click again on the bottom of the [Dial 1] and [Dial 2] button to test
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

Я все так и делаю,но окно выбора так и не выходит. Хотя я попробовал aCONTACT+++ там вылазит выбор с какой сим совершить вызов... Но ваша прога мне больше нравиться . Помогите чтобы появилось окно выбора с какой сим совершить звонок.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Sorry you can use English? I do not understand this.
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

I still do not do anything, but the selection box and comes out. Although I tried aCONTACT + + + there climbs choice with which to make a call sim ... But your prog to me more like it. Help to display the selection window from which SIM to make a call.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
You mean the problem has been solved?
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

No problem remained. How does the choice with what sim to make a call?
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

By holding down the dial buttons.
If you complete this

In the [Dual SIM card configuration]
Enable [Enable dual-card support]
In the [Test number] Enter a phone number, you can be your own phone number
In the [Device] to select an item
Click the bottom [Dial 1] and [Dial 2] button
When you click [Dial 1] and [Dial 2] button you can use a different SIM card dialing. Click the [Save] button
If you do not work try selecting different item in the [Device]
Click again on the bottom of the [Dial 1] and [Dial 2] button to test
serg1406

Post by serg1406 »

Спасибо вопрос решен
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

You are welcome