Contacts sort order

Moderators: dwp, devin

Grass

Contacts sort order

Post by Grass » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Dear friends,

is it possible to implement this sort order: "Sort by CompanyName if FirstName field is blank"?

If the answer is "Yes", please, consider to add this request to your "To Do" list.
I am sure, most of DW users would agree with me, it will be very usefull and convinient feature.

Thanks in advance.

devin

Re: Contacts sort order

Post by devin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello
In the default sort, it works like this. But only when all the name fields are empty.

Grass

Re: Contacts sort order

Post by Grass » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Grass wrote:
Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:15 pm
Dear friends,

is it possible to implement this sort order: "Sort by CompanyName if FirstName field is blank"?

If the answer is "Yes", please, consider to add this request to your "To Do" list.
I am sure, most of DW users would agree with me, it will be very usefull and convinient feature.

Thanks in advance.
devin wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:24 pm
Hello
In the default sort, it works like this. But only when all the name fields are empty.
Hello, devin,
do you mean all contacts(in my case it about 1000 contacts in my list) "FirstName" and "LastName" fields have to be empty?
Now (in my contacts list I am using English and Hebrew languages) the "default" sort brings first contacts with empty "FirstName" (sorted from A to Z by "CompanyName" field), then contacts in Hebrew with empty "FirstName" field (sorted like from A to Z " but in Hebrew by "CompanyName" field). And after that contacts with not empty "FirstName"(sorted from A to Z) and then contacts in Hebrew with not empty "FirstName" field (sorted like from A to Z, but in Hebrew.

P.S. The build in contacts manager (now I am Using OnePlus 6, AOS 8.0.1) sorts my contacts as I need: All contacts in English are sorted from A to Z regardless of "FirstName" field state - empty or not empty! The same situation with contacts in Hebrew. Any hints?

Thanks in advance!
And thank You very much for implementation of contact sharing without "Note" field - it is very useful.