Use theme icons for groups

Moderators: dwp, devin

Artem

Use theme icons for groups

Post by Artem »

Hi and thanks for this great app. I could not find any other just as useful on the Market. Just bought the Pro ))

When I'm about to change the picture for a group, I have only 2 options: take it by camera (that's silly) or select it from Gallery. My proposal is to add an option to use a system theme icon. I use Faenza ADW theme, it's great and I hope I could use that beautiful icons for my groups (and for some contacts, by the way).

Maybe it's quite possible right now, but I'm new to Android OS and I cannot find where that icon files are placed to select it by filemanager.

Thanks again!
camel

Re: Use theme icons for groups

Post by camel »

hi, well if the icons are pictures, then you can use it.
ICONs itself are no pictures, and from android the pcitures is another technologie and ICO is a very low quality.
but on must icon packages, tehre are also pcitures.

to add support for icons is in theory possible, but would be looking very very bad quality (because ICO are only in format like 64x64 or something else ...
Artem

Post by Artem »

Faenza icons are up to 256x256px large (and has scalable svg as well), but I don't know yet how assets are stored in Android OS. Now I just copied some png's from my laptop (/usr/share/icons/Faenza/...) to /sdcard/icons/Faenza and then picked it for contact groups.

When I create a custom shortcut in ADW launcher it offers me an option to choose the icon from "ADWTheme IconPack". Is it possible to repeat this functionality for DW contacts?
camel

Post by camel »

Artem wrote:Faenza icons are up to 256x256px large (and has scalable svg as well), but I don't know yet how assets are stored in Android OS. Now I just copied some png's from my laptop (/usr/share/icons/Faenza/...) to /sdcard/icons/Faenza and then picked it for contact groups.

When I create a custom shortcut in ADW launcher it offers me an option to choose the icon from "ADWTheme IconPack". Is it possible to repeat this functionality for DW contacts?
i mean this is a special concept from ADW, easier is to use an icon pack, which is also avaibleas png or gig or jpg or any other picture format. then you can easy add this.
or if you really want to add an icon from there. make a picture/screenshot and use it.
if a lot of user will vote for such functionality -maybe we wouldthink about .. for now you are the first :)