[DONE]Sorting by company

Moderators: dwp, devin

AEOne

[DONE]Sorting by company

Post by AEOne »

Hello,

I don't know, if anybody before asked for it:
It would be great if you could add the sorting by company in the different views.
Is that possible or is it restricted by the Android OS?

Many thanks and best regards,
AEOne
camel

Re: Sorting by company

Post by camel »

AEOne wrote:Hello,

I don't know, if anybody before asked for it:
It would be great if you could add the sorting by company in the different views.
Is that possible or is it restricted by the Android OS?

Many thanks and best regards,
AEOne
hi AEOne,
FR is accepted ...

it is on my FR list to add more sort options.
don'T know, how to make the GUI for it, but it will come:
sort order 1: "Firstname" / "Lastname" / "Nickname" / "Recent contacted" / "Frequently contacted" / "System" / "Group" / "Organization", "Title", "Creation Time" / "Modification Time" // "Ascending", "Descending"
sort order 2: "Firstname" / "Lastname" / "Nickname" / "Recent contacted" / "Frequently contacted" / "System" / "Group" / "Organization", "Title", "Creation Time" / "Modification Time" // "Ascending", "Descending"

i only must think about how the user can do this on best way ...maybe it will be possible to select "multiple" sort order items, and a info line, where the user can see how it is set (and order 1,2,3)... will then shown as user selected the items. but, fo now -not clear for me, because normally it should be possible, that a user want to set the order like that:
"ORDER BY group DESC, lastname ASC, firstname DESC" <--- this must be also possible .. we will see how we do it ..
maybe we will make in settings 3 sort order lines, where the user can select one of the list above + ASC or DESC
on the other hand, the easiest way, would be, if we have 1 form, which can be used on all tabs.
we will see, which idea i and the chief (dwp) will find :)

cu camel
exclusive
AEOne

Post by AEOne »

Hi,

many thanks for your reply and that you set it on your list.
I see, the topic isn't trivial.
Hope, you will find a optimal solution.

Best regards,
AEOne
camel

Post by camel »

DWP will add a new sort order interface, where the user can select multiple fields, which can be ordered +ASC/DESC
it is not so eas, because making an extra interface for it - but we will try to do our best :)
cu camel
AEOne

Post by AEOne »

As I wrote it in the other thread - your a great!
When you published the new version, I will test this new feature and will let you know my experiences.

Best regards,
AEOne
camel

Post by camel »

AEOne wrote:As I wrote it in the other thread - your a great!
When you published the new version, I will test this new feature and will let you know my experiences.

Best regards,
AEOne
thanks
camel

Post by camel »

well, as we thought at beginning ... it is not so triial and easy ...

because the data are fetched from sql engine via multiple requests to get all informations and the android sort order can only use 2 different fields ..., which would be a problem, if there is no company name in a field, becaus then it doesn'T esxist,a nd if then it will be sorted for company, then do not sort and it will not shown any contact, which haven'T a company ...
so it is not easy the whole thing ...

1 problem is to fill so much fields - more as on older version, which now cuonsume a lot of memory ..
1 problem is, that all this new fields can'T be fetched with a single requestfrom sql, so it would make the whole system slower ...

i moved this "sort order interface" to a future version .. sorry, we loose ~ 2weeks to trying to find a way, which doesn't consume so much CPU and mem, which is the most important thing ...

what now is possible to can filter your list for "organiaztion" - and also you can use the t9-search, too.
(there is a new option to use the organization in t9-search)