[DONE in v2.0.3] function: "create appointment for contact"

Moderators: dwp, devin

camel

[DONE in v2.0.3] function: "create appointment for contact"

Post by camel »

i mean: dwp could add an extra function on "longpress menu" -> "create event for contact".
if this function will be called, then "add an event via android calendar class API and give parameter from contact to the event and fill in the informations like:
if i use this function on a contact/caller, then "open the calendar edit "new event class" + fill in:
1.) Text -> Contact name (if item has name), if call log -> then add to text caller number
2.) Notes -> telephon numbers (mobile + office + home)
3.) Location -> address of contact name (if item has an address, good for also navigate to him/her)

and the date will be set to local time now(), and i must only edit/set the date/time and can easily save the event.

Also under settings -> there could be a new option configurable the text for "Create event text" + variables defining for most contact informations:
like: "Todo: call with %f% %l% - %t%"
%f% = firstname (if exist)
%l% = lastname (if exist
%a% = address (the full address)
%e% = emailaddress
%t% = telephone number default
%tm% = telephone number mobile
%to% = telephone number office
%th% = telephone number home

later we can also use this parameters for "sending automically sms/email to contact events" (automatic gratlation to birthday, aniversayry, etc..)
camel

Re: FR: new function: "create event for contact"

Post by camel »

it is implemented in new 2.03 (only for PRO version)
it is a little bit easier implemented ...
if a contact -> long press menu -> "Create appointment" -> then it will create a new appointment, inclusive fill in:
a.) Free definable Text which is in front of appointment, followed by "Lastname, Firstname, Telephonnumber"
like: "Call with Gold, John, +331234567890"
b.) if contact have also an address inside, then fill in the address to location field in appointment, so everyone can easily navigate to this appointment, too

or

if only a number (and no contact informations) -> long press menu -> "Create appointment" -> then it will create a new appointment, inclusive fill in:
a.) Free definable Text which is in front of appointment, followed by "Telephonnumber"
like: "Call with +331234567890"

maybe in free version it is limited to 10 times to use this, to see if it is working fine ...

cu camel
camel wrote:i mean: dwp could add an extra function on "longpress menu" -> "create event for contact".
if this function will be called, then "add an event via android calendar class API and give parameter from contact to the event and fill in the informations like:
if i use this function on a contact/caller, then "open the calendar edit "new event class" + fill in:
1.) Text -> Contact name (if item has name), if call log -> then add to text caller number
2.) Notes -> telephon numbers (mobile + office + home)
3.) Location -> address of contact name (if item has an address, good for also navigate to him/her)

and the date will be set to local time now(), and i must only edit/set the date/time and can easily save the event.

Also under settings -> there could be a new option configurable the text for "Create event text" + variables defining for most contact informations:
like: "Todo: call with %f% %l% - %t%"
%f% = firstname (if exist)
%l% = lastname (if exist
%a% = address (the full address)
%e% = emailaddress
%t% = telephone number default
%tm% = telephone number mobile
%to% = telephone number office
%th% = telephone number home

later we can also use this parameters for "sending automically sms/email to contact events" (automatic gratlation to birthday, aniversayry, etc..)
mikandroid

Re: [DONE in v2.0.3] function: "create appointment for conta

Post by mikandroid »

I like DW Contacts and it may be the best thing available, and I still have a big wish for a feature I cannot find.
It is related to the command: "Create Appointment" and it would be much more versatile. It would require that a calendar event could point to a contact record, so that I could opt to text, call, or e-mail the person who is on my calendar for the day.

It is barely doable if want to copy phone number (not easy on my phone) / enter the SMS app/ find by phone number / paste / send message.
I am sure that MANY many people would appreciate a seemless jump from calendar to contact without the steps: copy / enter the SMS app/ find by phone number / paste / send message.

For more see this android forum thread:
http://androidforums.com/android-applic ... l-huh.html

My wish is that when I create a new calendar event I am prompted for a list of contacts who are in the event. It is usually just a single contact. The thought process usually starts for me with the event, then the person.

The defenders of the status quo point out that google calendars have guest invite options. That requires knowing the e-mail address and it does not allow SMS links. Not very practical for the Android user.
This is a big opportunity to set your app apart from any competition I know of. I wonder if it would require a calendar app to be written from scratch.
I am a developer but do not work on Android systems at this point.
Yours Truly,
Mike
mikandroid

Post by mikandroid »

This is a continuation / branch of a request I made earlier today.

I like VERY much the command "Create Appointment" and I find it cannot be found much of the time I am looking for it.
Why must I have the contact in the "find" window to get there?

For instance, suppose my buddy sends me a text saying "Yes , I will be there tomorrow at 1"

It would be REALLY nice to be able to jump to the contact and create the appointment. I can jump to the contact, but no menu offers the "Create Appointment" from here. Bummer.

Please let me know if I am wrong!!! :) ;)
Yours Truly,
Mike
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
You can click the contact picture in a text message.
Then open the contact details.
Switch to the Evnets TAB.
Click Create appointments.
mikandroid

Post by mikandroid »

Thanks for your time and reply. Perhaps my events tab is disabled. I have been looking around the menus for this feature with no luck. I am attaching a screenshot of my phone after this step:

You can click the contact picture in a text message.
Then open the contact details. Right Here
Switch to the Evnets TAB.
Click Create appointments.

I see three tabs at the bottom: I would call them "contact" "text messsages" and "linked documents". None of them enables a menu which offers the desired function "Create Appointment" as far as I can see. Is there a way to turn on another tab?

Best Regards,
Mike Fischer
Attachments
dw contacts question - events tab.png
dw contacts question - events tab.png (96.11 KiB) Viewed 6211 times
Yours Truly,
Mike
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Looks like you turned it off.
Settings ~ Contact details ~ Tab settings
mikandroid

Post by mikandroid »

awesome - thanks for the help. I got it to work.
Nice product and the support is essential.
Mike Fischer
Yours Truly,
Mike
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
You're welcome!
If possible, please recommend to your friends or write a good evaluation in Google Play.
Thank you!