[DONE]One-touch-recall:proposal for improved ergonom

Moderators: dwp, devin

MrProf

[DONE]One-touch-recall:proposal for improved ergonom

Post by MrProf »

I'm sorry that I created a new topic. Perhaps this question has already been discussed.
Use the HTC Desire and DW Phone as the most convenient tool (in the standard version there is no automatic rotation of the screen). But an important difference - DW Phone by default opens the contact. This is inconvenient when trying to call a subscriber of recent history - for example: driving a car need to get into a small button on the side or perform two presses.
Is it possible to optionally implement the call by pressing the line of contact?
camel

Re: One-touch recall - proposal for improved ergonomics

Post by camel »

MrProf wrote:I'm sorry that I created a new topic. Perhaps this question has already been discussed.
Use the HTC Desire and DW Phone as the most convenient tool (in the standard version there is no automatic rotation of the screen). But an important difference - DW Phone by default opens the contact. This is inconvenient when trying to call a subscriber of recent history - for example: driving a car need to get into a small button on the side or perform two presses.
Is it possible to optionally implement the call by pressing the line of contact?
hi,

1-touch recall
if you want to recall last number, then you have several possiblilites:
1.) first go to tab "phone".
2.) -> click on tab "Phone" again (and it will fill in the last number in dialpad:input box)
-> another click on tab "Phone" will start dialing
OR
2.) -> click on dialerpad "dial icon" (and it will fill in the last number in dialpad:input box)
-> another click on dialerpad "dial icon" will start dialing
OR (if you have a hardware GREEN DIAL KEY)
2.) -> click on hardware GREEN DIAL KEY (and it will fill in the last number in dialpad:input box)
-> another click on hardware GREEN DIAL KEY will start dialing

so, it is very simple to recall last number.
this we made, that it is quite fast and easy like the old nokia phones, which are working on same way.

---------------------------------
handling of call history items:
i know, that often this is a discussion of handling. if you want to quick-call
therefore we made the "dial icon", and mosty - the user are wanting to get the contact viewer (use another phone number or email or sms or view address.
therefore -> almost all user are wanting contact viewer (if clicking on name)

if you want to dial with a single click, there is the dial icon.
MrProf wrote:Is it possible to optionally implement the call by pressing the line of contact?
well all is possible, but there is a little bit more logic behind, and every new otion made the newbies more confusing about ...
next user mabye want in tab "contacts" to edit a contact - or to view - or to show call log ...etc ...this would never end, and every logic must be then handled extra. (If many user are wanting that, then we can think about, but for now, we have therefore a dial icon, and this is the behavor for quick-dialing...)

so, in my mind -> we must discuss about icons (1. dialpad: dial icon / 2. dialpad: backspace icon / 3. in list: dial icon / 4. in list: picture icon / 5. in list: SMS icon / 6. in list: Email icon.
for all this icon is now a value 48, so they are looking fine in "phone" with dialpad and also on other tabs.
well, therefore we will make in next version a new setting, where user can descide the width of icons (global value for all of this icons).
then you can make the width bigger.
(the height of a line is related on the informations and font size which you have descide).

i mean, then you should also be happy, and also some users in community, whcih told me als, that the icons are too smal for their fingers :)
cu camel