Provide an option to quit after call

Moderators: dwp, devin

ewillner

Provide an option to quit after call

Post by ewillner »

Currently after a call is completed, the device goes back to opening of DW Contacts.

It would be nice to have configurable option that would just return the device to the launcher after a call is complete.

If this is already possible, I just don't know how to use it.

Thanks,
camel

Re: Provide an option to quit after call

Post by camel »

ewillner wrote:Currently after a call is completed, the device goes back to opening of DW Contacts.

It would be nice to have configurable option that would just return the device to the launcher after a call is complete.

If this is already possible, I just don't know how to use it.

Thanks,
thanks for feedback.
it is on the list of DWC.

to which app should DWC change ? to home screen after a call ? or should the app DWC really be closed ?
(because then it must beloaded again and cost a lot of cleaning cache mem, and is then maybe veryslowon next start or switching to it.)
maybe it is betteronly to go to home screen back ? (on first using, it can show an option, which home app drawershould beusing for it ...
is this a good idea ?

cu camel
ewillner

Post by ewillner »

My suggestion is that the option should to go back to the the home screen (and the application would be closed). I realize that reopening will take longer.

The thinking is that after completing a call, more often than not the next activity performed is not another phone call (or another DW task), but another action entirely. Now, after I complete a call and hang up, I first have to quit DW before I can go on to the next task.
camel

Post by camel »

well, your idea to kill the application is a bad idea, because this will cost a lot of heap cleaning, and forwhat, if memis needed,then android systemwill take care ofit.
nextis, if i kill DWC, then i can'T control where to go ...
so, the only idea is to make a setting,that it should go back after making call ?
what is on SMS ?
what is on queue SMS ?
what is if appointment will be created - also close ?
i think, this is much more complicated ...
anyhow ...i don't think, that much user will use it -however ...
also on all other apps, it will not close:
see: on your PC: do outlook close after sending an email ?
or does SMS app close after sending a SMS ?
would not make sense,because it could be, that you will make another call,and this is ONLY 1 CLICK to go back to home via HOME KEY or BACK KEY closeapp.
so - it is only 1 click !!!! and i donÄt think, that 1 click make the app senselessand it disturb you ...anyhow ...

so, for now:the only thing what we can add is:
if you start a call from DWC directly (green icon), then close/kill DWC.
is this ok for you ?

cu camel
ewillner

Post by ewillner »

I think the your idea is a good alternative.

Thank you,
camel

Post by camel »

ewillner wrote:I think the your idea is a good alternative.

Thank you,
i hope, that we can add it on 2.0.10