Change Tab Names colour, please

Moderators: dwp, devin

AlCan

Change Tab Names colour, please

Post by AlCan »

Hello Camel,

As I've said, I just love DWP!!!

But, suffering from a colour vision impairment, I can't read the tab name for any Tab that is currently selected. When unselected, the icon and the name are white and easy to read, but when selected, only the icon is White, the Tab being Red and the font changing to Grey (I think...) I cannot read the name, even with glasses. Maybe it's a colour vision thing or maybe other people have the same problem simply because there is not enough contrast. I know I'll learn to recognise the Tabs in due course (only a new user), but it would be nice if I could read them as well.

Could you make the default font a different colour - maybe white or even black would work better.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
camel

Re: Change Tab Names colour, please

Post by camel »

AlCan wrote:Hello Camel,

As I've said, I just love DWP!!!

But, suffering from a colour vision impairment, I can't read the tab name for any Tab that is currently selected. When unselected, the icon and the name are white and easy to read, but when selected, only the icon is White, the Tab being Red and the font changing to Grey (I think...) I cannot read the name, even with glasses. Maybe it's a colour vision thing or maybe other people have the same problem simply because there is not enough contrast. I know I'll learn to recognise the Tabs in due course (only a new user), but it would be nice if I could read them as well.

Could you make the default font a different colour - maybe white or even black would work better.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Al
hi,
i know about this isue, if anyone if using a a strange ROM, which does having a special theme.
but it is not so easy ...
and if the most important parts/functions are included, then we will concentrate on the theme of DWC.
also you can try to set the tab bar to top, then it sue the settings of your theme.
maybe it helps meanwhile.
as you can see on "general" -A> it is on the whishlist, but therefore it needs a lot of effort, because the tab bar is completly written by ourself, and in API it is in theory not possible to have tab bar on top and on botton the same. so we must redesign, at the end for end user it looks like there will be a change, which cost 1hour, but it would need 100 hours to fix that.

cu camel
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi Camel,

OK, thanks for the reply!! No problem, I will try what you say, or just get used to it.

I thought it would be simple, but don't waste your precious time on it. I have a much more important request, which I'll post shortly.

BTW, I bought the Pro version today - though it wasn't as smooth as I'd expected...

I'll ask about that in another post.

Cheers,
Al
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
camel

Post by camel »

ok, be my guest :)