[DONE] Reset T9 search after call & call log filters

Moderators: dwp, devin

imitto

[DONE] Reset T9 search after call & call log filters

Post by imitto »

Request 1: It might be good if if I can set it to reset the text (number) field from dialer after call ended. Now, if I search for a contact on the dialer tab with T9, and hit some numbers, they stay there after call. Next time I want to search with T9 input I have to reset the previous numbers.

Request 2: If I have some missed calls and open call log, there's a button on top with I can set it to view only missed calls, all calls etc. If I set it to all calls it hides the button and I can't get it back any more.

Nexus S 2.3.4 (DW Pro) & Motorola Defy with 2.2.2 (DW free)
sonhy

Re: Reset T9 search after call & call log filters button hid

Post by sonhy »

I would like an option to erase the T9 entry too. but it should be a setting because i think some people would like to have the T9 entry still there, so they can call more people from the current T9 serach results. for example, i would enter "76484" to filter all contacts that have the word smith, then i call first person, then hang up and the list is still there for me to call next smith family member. Actually I think it would be more useful for business client calling.
camel

Re: Reset T9 search after call & call log filters button hid

Post by camel »

hi imitto
imitto wrote:Request 1: It might be good if if I can set it to reset the text (number) field from dialer after call ended. Now, if I search for a contact on the dialer tab with T9, and hit some numbers, they stay there after call. Next time I want to search with T9 input I have to reset the previous numbers.
this is implemented.
if you input a text/number in dialer ....it will be reset if you start a call (via "dial icon" or via (long press) "dial number".
if you view a contact via your internal dialer -> and then call there a number - DWC have no control about your stock dialin API and can'T recognize if there was made a call.
on the other hand - i make a call -> during the call -> then go to DWC dialer and make me a note of a new number,so i don'T wantthat it would clear this number..
so the logic is:
-> on starting a call via DWC -> reset dialerpad
if you want to clear extra the dialerpad -> longpress on backkey

is this logic not the best one ?
i mean, the reset shouldbe only be done on starting a call ... not at the end of a call - otherwise you can't note a new dialer number (typical example: if you request on a call a new nomber for another contact)..

Request 2: If I have some missed calls and open call log, there's a button on top with I can set it to view only missed calls, all calls etc. If I set it to all calls it hides the button and I can't get it back any more.
Nexus S 2.3.4 (DW Pro) & Motorola Defy with 2.2.2 (DW free)[/quote]
sorry, don't understand this request. please can you describe it more in detail ?
if i miss a call, then i can click on this "status missed call" -> then it opening the internal call log viewer (this is android system related)

cu camel
camel

Re: [DONE] Reset T9 search after call & call log filters

Post by camel »

i think, this is working fine in 2.0.5
if you make a call, the t9-search will be resetted (call must be done from DWC).
can you confirm this, too ?