[DONE in 2.1] Create an "allow" filter only for one group?

Moderators: dwp, devin

mariop

[DONE in 2.1] Create an "allow" filter only for one group?

Post by mariop »

Hello, I am trying the free version of DW Contacts & Phone looking forward to buy the pro version, but I can't understand since now if I can do something with it (I looked for long in the forum also but couldn't find any answer).

In my Nexus S I have undreds of contacts, most for work, only a few for friends and family. What I want to do is to create one group with very few contacts of friends and family that can call me any time, but then, create a filter for all the rest of the contacts, that can call only from monday to friday in office hours.

In short words:
- "Family" Group: can call me any time.
- "All the rest" Group: can call me only in office hours.

Is it possible to do that?

I would need a setup like this because many times people call me for work from numbers which are not in my contacts, so I don't know them since the beginning. I would like to block all calls except the "Family" group.

Thanks

Ah... also another question, I did not understand if this app block sms as well, and if so, what appens to the sms? It will get lost, or I will receive blocked sms when the filter will go off at the proper time?
camel

Re: Create an "allow" filter only for one group?

Post by camel »

mariop wrote:Hello, I am trying the free version of DW Contacts & Phone looking forward to buy the pro version, but I can't understand since now if I can do something with it (I looked for long in the forum also but couldn't find any answer).

In my Nexus S I have undreds of contacts, most for work, only a few for friends and family. What I want to do is to create one group with very few contacts of friends and family that can call me any time, but then, create a filter for all the rest of the contacts, that can call only from monday to friday in office hours.

In short words:
- "Family" Group: can call me any time.
- "All the rest" Group: can call me only in office hours.

Is it possible to do that?

I would need a setup like this because many times people call me for work from numbers which are not in my contacts, so I don't know them since the beginning. I would like to block all calls except the "Family" group.

Thanks

Ah... also another question, I did not understand if this app block sms as well, and if so, what appens to the sms? It will get lost, or I will receive blocked sms when the filter will go off at the proper time?
yes, i know what you mean:
specially - you would need: a callfilter which support back-list and white-list.
this is implemented in 2.0.10, there this is working fine.
the 2.0.10 is now no launched, because we are testing, and also we are more other functions ...
i think the 2.0.10 will be published in 7-14 days, then your dream will be true :)

you can see the status of ongoing processes and the plannings about new functions -> viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2345

cu camel
panteliskar

Post by panteliskar »

Hi,
i am looking for the exact same thing that was (is) available on all Nokia phones (even plain old Nokia phones - not Symbian - based).
Define several groups of contacts and then set the phone in a way that for certain groups the ringer is loud and for several others the ringer is off (quiet).
Is that possible yet?

If so, is the grouping of contacts available in the app or some other app has to do this job?

Thanx.
panteliskar

Post by panteliskar »

Hi,
i am looking for the exact same thing that was (is) available on all Nokia phones (even plain old Nokia phones - not Symbian - based).
Define several groups of contacts and then set the phone in a way that for certain groups the ringer is loud and for several others the ringer is off (quiet).
Is that possible yet?

If so, is the grouping of contacts available in the app or some other app has to do this job?

Thanx.
camel

Post by camel »

panteliskar wrote:Hi,
Is that possible yet?

Thanx.
not with DWC:

dwc can also act as a "call filter application"
if X is calling, then block call
this can be used with date, time and white or blacklist
so, the actions are only: block or allow.
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Hi panteliskar,

I don't know if this is what you want, and I haven't tested it to see how it works, but:

If you already have some different groups set up, go to the Groups Tab and Long Tap on one of the groups you have.

You'll get a Long Tap menu. Scroll down, 2nd from the bottom is "Set ringtone for group".

You can probably download a "silent" ringtone for one group, and use that for the group you don't want to hear from. Otherwise, just find a very quiet ringtone. (You can edit your own ringtone if you look around on the net, which probably means you can also create one that makes no sound!)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
A
Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
AlCan

Post by AlCan »

Currently (i.e Now, not necessarily the date of this post)
using DW Contacts & Dialer version 2.5.3.0-pro
On Motorola Defy with Android 2.2.2 (Work Phone)
camel

Post by camel »

hehe, good idea to organize such kind of "silent" ringtone :)
cu camel