Show assigned groups for a contact at the top

Moderators: dwp, devin

PatrickB

Show assigned groups for a contact at the top

Post by PatrickB »

Please show assigned groups for a contact at the top of the list of groups when in the "Set group for contact" list.

I take advantage of the "Groups" feature provided by Google Mail online and on the EVO. This helps me find contacts that belong to the same group. It also allows me to long-press on a group to send them all a text, or an email; or to set a particular ringtone for everyone in that group. Very useful!

While viewing a contact in Google Mail, when I click the [groups] button at the top, I see a list of all of the possible groups -- with the already assigned groups for this contact at the top.

On my EVO using DW Contacts, when I long-press a contact, then select "Set group for contact", I am also presented with the entire list, but the already assigned groups are buried in the list of 56 groups, so I must scroll all the way through them to discover which groups a contact has been assigned to.

I understand this is not an issue for those who do not use groups, or for those that need only 5 or 10 groups.

Thank you,
-- Patrick B.

PatrickB

Re: Show assigned groups for a contact at the top

Post by PatrickB »

Camel, would you consider this suggestion? Thank you. -- Patrick B.
camel

Post by camel »

PatrickB wrote:Camel, would you consider this suggestion? Thank you. -- Patrick B.
well, the idea it self is good :)

but, no, because if you would add a new group, then it will move to top, and would refresh the whole screen, which would make you confusing, and you must always start from beginning of the list, so, this is not usefull - i mean ...

also, the internface as it is for now is the android API, which is designed by google.
if we would changed this, therfore must be made a own internface, which would make the app much more bigger,a nd would cost/waste memory.
cu camel
PatrickB

Post by PatrickB »

Thank you for the explanation. The performance loss and size increase would not be worth that new feature. :)

Patrick