Search of Contacts in GAL of Exchange Server

Moderators: dwp, devin

Kubi

Search of Contacts in GAL of Exchange Server

Post by Kubi »

Hi!

I have found a thread here. I can confirm that the native Contact App (ICS) can search in the global address list. I think this is a must for DWP.

Best Regards,

Kubi
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Search of Contacts in GAL of Exchange Server

Post by dwp »

Hello Kubi
You can be described in a more detailed business?
Thanks!
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

Hi!

There is a thread from Soni (11.April). If you use the normal Contact App from ICS and search for a contact these app is first looking in your contacts from the phone. Then this app is looking in the global address list from the exchange server.
I am working in a global company and I havent stored all my colleagues in my phone. So when I am using winmo I have an entry for searching in my company. The ICS app does this automaticly. DWP does it not.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
DWC just search for contacts in the phone. I will check whether there is the possibility of realization. exchange server contacts are not synchronized to the phone?
Kubi

Post by Kubi »

Hi!

I am talking about contacts which are not in my phone! I am talking about of the Global Address List (GAL) of the exchange server. When I am searching for a colleague in my company, which I have not in my contact list, the normal contact app from ICS is first searching in the contact list of the phone and then the app search the GAL from the exchange server. WinMo does that too.

Best Regards,

Kubi
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Thank you
I understand