Configurable view of contact details

Moderators: dwp, devin

Robbit

Configurable view of contact details

Post by Robbit »

Hi dwp,

the contact details view where all details of one contact are shown was okay in htc's Sense, but is a catastrophy in Samsung's TouchWiz. I'd like to love that of DWC instead, but it seems to be the only part that is not configurable.

Could you extend the design settings to the contact details view and offer the user to adjust the size, text color, dividing line color and especially the space between the lines: The most annyoing thing of the current contact details view is its spreaded layout. You have to scroll alot to get to all of the many many ten or eleven lines ( ;) ) of content.

Thank you very much for considering this request and all the best
-Robbit
dwp
Site Admin

Re: Configurable view of contact details

Post by dwp »

Hi Robbit
You can adjust the text size, color, etc. in the theme settings. But this did not understand
Robbit wrote: The most annyoing thing of the current contact details view is its spreaded layout. You have to scroll alot to get to all of the many many ten or eleven lines ( ;) ) of content.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hi dwp,

thanks for you reply. What I meant was the configurability especially of the contact details view, I can not find the settings for it anywhere. The settings do concern the contact list, the dial pad and so on, but neither the contact details view nor the SMS page. In the pics attached you can see that despite a highly resoluted display I have to scroll two times to see all the details. I'd like to reduce the distance between the entries, between the dividing lines, the font size, and if possible I'd also like to change the font and background color differently from the other views. A contact's details should be displayed in one screen, only (if it doesn't contain too many data ;) ).

Furthermore: If you give the user a highly configurable SMS page you would definitively have a competitive SMS app, too! I'd appreciate it.

Thanks a lot...
-Rob.
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-09-17-12-56-43.png
Screenshot_2013-09-17-12-56-43.png (70.08 KiB) Viewed 7902 times
Screenshot_2013-09-17-12-56-37.png
Screenshot_2013-09-17-12-56-37.png (74.85 KiB) Viewed 7902 times
Screenshot_2013-09-17-12-56-23.png
Screenshot_2013-09-17-12-56-23.png (75.89 KiB) Viewed 7902 times
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Thank you, I understand. You can now adjust the font size, but does not change the height of the list items.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hi dwp,

thank you very much for your reply. Regrettably I cannot find where to adjust the font size. Could you help me with that?

And is the abilty to configure the contacts details in the development pipeline?

Bye
-R.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello, it is in theme settings, font size. I will let it support list item height is set in the next release.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hi dwp,

that are really good news - I'm eagerly looking forward to the configurable height settings! :D
But if I got you right, by the font size settings you mean what is also affecting the font size in other areas as contact list, calls log etc. Would it be possible to offer full and individual configurations for all parameters such as font size, line height, divider's height/color/padding/appearance etc.? I'd really really appreciate it and are willing to pay for this extra.

Have a nice sunday
-R.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hi
Did you mean a different view need different font sizes?
Robbit wrote: divider's height/color/padding/appearance etc.?
In addition to this, the other can be configured.
Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Hello dwp,

yes. In all the different views (contacts list, call log, group contact list) the contacts are listed in the same way, i. e. a list of entries with their data (phone number, organisation, position, group etc.). But the contact's details view does have only one line for name, and a couple of lines with parameters. I'd like to customize the contact's details view in a way that all the informations important TO ME fit in one display, with spaces, dividers, font sizes, and colors which I favour and different to those of other views.

Your app is one of the most important of my Android phone, because it replaces a very stubbornly not adjustable and not configurable stock app - the phone itself. And since the possibilities to customize anything are getting fewer each time a new Android version comes up (e. g. the vanished System Sound Channel), I really really hope that your app stays flexible. :)

Bye
-Rob.
dwp
Site Admin

Post by dwp »

Hello
Thank you for your suggestion. I would consider it. I thought I would first of all to achieve the same configuration in the theme options. In future versions I will add a separate settings in the contact details.