Move contact to other account

Moderators: dwp, devin

mass

Move contact to other account

Post by mass »

Hello,

I like to move contacts between accounts. For now I always need to duplicate and delete the other while making sure I don't delete the wrong of the equal looking duplicates.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, MIUI xiaomi.eu 12.5.12, Android 11
devin

Re: Move contact to other account

Post by devin »

Hello
You may need to copy contacts saved to a group. Then copy the contacts. Then use the account filter to display only the contacts in the old account. To the newly created group, remove all old contacts.
mass

Post by mass »

But this describes a lot of steps just for moving a contact to an other account? I would even need to create a new group?

Ok, I would like to have some "Move contact" option beside the existing "Duplicate", or at least to be able to check the accounts in the contact editor, so actually checking 2 accounts there means "copy", and switching the checked account to B only would mean "move".

So far I have no interface or GUI to manage different google accounts and their contacts. Google itself is not able yet to provide "shared" contacts visible for both accounts. So I decided to make one of our 2 accounts the "shared" accounts (B). So my device knows both accounts A and B and all the other devices only know the B account. Still I have no interface to move contacts around. Having a move option in DWP would be great.

I think I also give KDE's Kontact a trial since it has Google Api access and can manage multiple accounts.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra, MIUI xiaomi.eu 12.5.12, Android 11
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Contact the editor, not the DWC offer. Therefore, it can not be modified now.
Now recommend the use of "Duplicate" to move contacts in different accounts. Because the copy contacts to a different "account type" may lead to loss of contact data. You need to check whether the data is complete before deleting the source contacts.

I will try to optimize it in the future.