Hiding specific contacts.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Hiding specific contacts.

Post by pollensa1946 »

DELETED.
I can handle what I want under Contact Display Filtering in Global Settings.
devin

Re: Hiding specific contacts.

Post by devin »

It is only used to configure those contacts to be displayed at startup DWC.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

(1) On PC Chrome I maintain a single set of contacts which is sync'd to two phones. On phone A I want to see all contacts, on phone B only a subset. I have managed to get that working using Contact Display Filtering (CDF). However, that was only possible because all my contacts were sorted into groups, CDF does not allow for selecting specific contacts for display. It works for me so I'm happy.

(2) During my tests on this feature I also noticed that the Group setting... Show System Groups ...if un-ticked suppresses display of a group called Friends. What groups are defined as System Groups? Obviously Friends, but any others?

(3) When the contacts in a Group are displayed the tab bar shows Organisations and Titles. Since I use neither of these could you add an option to configure this tab bar. Simply to remove Organisations/Titles would suffice for me, but maybe there are other tabs could be added, like Toolbox for example.
devin

Post by devin »

System Groups Usually contains: Coworkers, Family, Friends, My Contacts. They are pre-defined, different devices may differ.
When the contacts in a Group are displayed the tab bar shows Organisations and Titles. Since I use neither of these could you add an option to configure this tab bar. Simply to remove Organisations/Titles would suffice for me, but maybe there are other tabs could be added, like Toolbox for example.
Tab settings -> Activate & Sort
http://wiki.dw-p.net/DWC:Settings#Activate_.26_Sort
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

The Tab Setting, Activate & Sort, has no influence on that particular display. Despite having Organisations/Titles un-ticked they still appear on that particular display. OK on all others, but not that one.
devin

Post by devin »

Sorry did not understand.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

OK, in the Groups display select a group, when the Contacts in that Group are displayed the tab bar at the bottom shows Organisations and Titles tabs. I go into the Tab Setting, Activate & Sort, and Organisation and Title tabs are set OFF (not ticked). However, in the display of Group Contacts those tabs still show, they are not turned off by the Activate & Sort setting. This setting works on all other displays, but not on the Group Contacts display.
devin

Post by devin »

Understand. Now it is only valid for the startup screen. Modify it important?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Important? I would call it useful, for me, to have this setting apply to the Group Contacts screen. I would like to put some other tabs there instead of Organisation/Titles.
devin

Post by devin »

There's Organisation / Titles and home Organisation / Titles function is different. It just shows included in the current group of Organisation / Titles. If we use the same settings are bad.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

OK, I understand the problem now. Thanks for your efforts on this.
devin

Post by devin »

You're welcome!