Dialing Confirmation Window Addition.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

Dialing Confirmation Window Addition.

Post by pollensa1946 »

The situation described here...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3690

...forces me to set a Dialing Confirmation Countdown if I want to use the phone in the car. Out of the car I would prefer to not set a Countdown, that is have the Dialing Confirmation static until I confirm. This could be achieved by the addition to the Dialing Confirmation Countdown popup of a third tab choice, a PAUSE icon tab. The countdown operates as before but the PAUSE would stop the countdown at its current number. The user then has three choices...
... the X tab cancels
... the Countdown tab goes direct to dial
... the PAUSE tab resumes the countdown from the point it was stopped.

Can this please be added?
devin

Re: Dialing Confirmation Window Addition.

Post by devin »

Hello
Touch anywhere on the screen you can pause counter.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

OK, excellent, thanks.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Thanks for adding the feature of the NOTES section in the Dialling Confirmation window having selectable fields, same as the NOTES section in Contact Details. Also the ability to tap on the Contact Name and go to Contact Details.
However, these additions introduce a very "busy" confirmation screen. When tapping the screen to PAUSE the dialling countdown it is easy to wrongly initiate another action such as another phone number. The area available for PAUSING the confirmation screen is restricted to that between the contact name and the notes section, on a small screen this is very narrow and you need to be careful where you tap. This makes the addition of a specific PAUSE TAB desirable.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Thank you! When the calculator is running, so click Do not perform any action. How do you think this solution?
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

I assume you mean that to PAUSE the countdown you press the PHONE/COUNTDOWN icon which is counting down to zero?

At the moment pressing the PHONE icon over-rides the countdown and immediately STARTS the call. Your change would mean that it instead PAUSES.
What then...
1) Do you then press PHONE again to restart the countdown? What if you then want to over-ride the countdown, press PHONE again?
OR...
2) Does pressing PHONE again, after PAUSING, immediately start the call?

The proposed solution is a complete change to the present operation (pressing PHONE/COUNTDOWN immediately STARTS the call) and is going to make some users confused and some others unhappy.

A much simpler solution, which I believe will not confuse anyone and users will see no change to the present operation...
The user has three choices...
1) The X tab cancels (same as at present)
2) The PHONE/COUNTDOWN tab goes direct to dial (same as at present)
3) The PAUSE tab STOPS the countdown, and when pressed for a 2nd time RESUMES the countdown from the point it was stopped. If the user then wants to over-ride the countdown then go to (2).
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
You do not understand what I mean.
You mentioned that when a user needs to stop the counter, there is no suitable screen space.
When tapping the screen to PAUSE the dialling countdown it is easy to wrongly initiate another action such as another phone number.
I mean, the counter is running, even if the user clicks on the name and Notes is only PAUSE timer.
Click again we perform other actions.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

OK now I understand. Your idea is a good one. Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome!
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

Fixed in the latest release. Excellent. Thanks.
devin

Post by devin »

You are welcome!