NOTES section on Dialing Confirmation window.

Moderators: dwp, devin

pollensa1946

NOTES section on Dialing Confirmation window.

Post by pollensa1946 »

Scenario...
I am in the Contacts List, each contact has the Phone Icon alongside it and each has a set Default Number. I press the Phone Icon and up pops the Dialing Confirmation window with the set Default Number and the NOTES section from the Contact Details. I check the NOTES and see a note that I have entered... "After 6pm use the alternate number +nn nnnn nnn nnn". This is a simple example, the note could set various conditions. In the NOTES section of Contact Details the alternate number is selectable, because I have that option set on in "Settings/Contact Details/Links in Notes". However, in the NOTES section of Dialing Confirmation the number is not selectable. So now I have to cancel the Dialing Confirmation, return to Contact LIst, open the Contact and select the alternate number.
Could you add the sub-option "Links in Notes" to "Settings/Phone/Dialing Confirmation" so that links in the NOTES section of Dialing Confirmation can be made selectable. In this way if I see such a note in the Dialing Confirmation I can immediately select the link and then....
1) If it's a Phone Number it replaces the original number at the top of Dialing Confirmation, perhaps after a small pop-up confirmation.
2) It might be a Map Address so I go to Google Maps, again perhaps after a confirmation.
Essentially all links are handled in the same way as in Contact Details.
devin

Re: NOTES section on Dialing Confirmation window.

Post by devin »

Hello pollensa
Thank you for your suggestion, I'll add it in the next version. I think we do not need options, just enable the link.
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

devin wrote:...I think we do not need options, just enable the link.
You could follow the already established option in Contact Details, to turn the links on/off in both displays. Some users might prefer that the links are not selectable.
devin

Post by devin »

OK