Can I dial a phone number from notes

Moderators: dwp, devin

alexab

Can I dial a phone number from notes

Post by alexab »

I am looking for an APP that would allow me to dial a phone number that's in the Contact - Notes field. It's a well formatted 10 digit number of format 213-555-1212

I have many of these numbers in my notes and am looking for an app that would allow me to dial such numbers.

If it's not available, can you build such feature? I'm willing to pay for your development time, depending on how much it cost?
devin

Re: Can I dial a phone number from notes

Post by devin »

Hello
This feature has been supported.
alexab

Post by alexab »

Are you sure we're talking about the same feature that I'm mentioning? I'm sorry to be so particular about this feature but this is something I've been searching for over the last 8 months or so... and it's going to be THE deciding vote regarding Android or iOS.

MY NEED:
In the "NOTES" field for a Contact, if there is a phone number. I can single click that phone number and it will either launch the dialer and call that number, OR at a minimum it will paste the phone number in the Dialer and wait for me to click the dial button.

I've been using a blackberry for number of years and have a lot of phone numbers, emails and other contact details stored within the notes field for many contacts. I sync up the contacts to my gmail apps account.

You could make my decision harder if you tell me your app (to make phone numbers linkable to dialer) available on both iOS and Android.
Is there anywhere I can see a screenshot etc of this functionality?

Thanks for your help.
devin

Post by devin »

device-2014-10-26-092314.png
device-2014-10-26-092314.png (120.54 KiB) Viewed 5173 times
After you click
device-2014-10-26-092340.png
device-2014-10-26-092340.png (181.94 KiB) Viewed 5173 times
pollensa1946

Post by pollensa1946 »

I use exactly the feature you are requesting and I can assure you it works with no problems.
There is a Setting/Contact Details/Links in Notes which when ticked enables this function.
alexab

Post by alexab »

AWESOME !!!

Thank you. I've been waiting to migrate away from my blackberry just because of this feature.
This is wonderful and this will be the first application I'll be downloading and telling everyone else in my business user community about this feature.

How can I repay you?

SUGGESTION:
It may help to explicitly list this feature as specifically:
Something like "blackberry contacts functionality of being able to recognize phone numbers and link to dialer directly from notes."
I'm sure there are many other users of Palm Pilot ---> Blackberry that have a ton of phone numbers in their notes fields that they cannot and do not want to split into individual contacts.
devin

Post by devin »

Hello
Thank you!
If you can write comments relevant to Google Play. Also recommend to your friends. That is a good help.
If you have other suggestions, please let me know.